AVIC411.com

Big problem with z110bt

I just received my z110bt from ebay and when I turn it on, I get a white screen with a few black boxes and multi-colored lines, then it goes to a greyish blue screen with white patches and won't boot any further. The buttons light up, however they don't respond. Any idea what causes this problem?

I wanted to work with the seller in getting it fixed, but if its a big deal (like i believe) then im shipping it back.

th_VIDEO0014.jpg

Its dead and thats the price you pay sometimes when buying stuff on eBay. I get you got a good deal and all but if he wont take it back, what kind of good deal did you get. I think you should worry because there is no way this guy didn't know it was toast before selling it to you. That likely means he isn't going to wont to take it back. Good luck however.

Its dead and thats the price you pay sometimes when buying stuff on eBay. I get you got a good deal and all but if he wont take it back, what kind of good deal did you get. I think you should worry because there is no way this guy didn't know it was toast before selling it to you. That likely means he isn't going to wont to take it back. Good luck however.

Think just a broken lcd or all kinds of other problems?

Appreciate your response. The seller has been pretty nice so far.

Yea its hard to say man. You really wont know unless you have it looked at and thats going to cost you. I really wouldn't even be considering keeping it at this point. There is no telling what kind of problems it is liable to give you over time. Good luck.

Yeah, I hope you haven't already pulled the trigger on all those cables, adapters, and missing parts. I thought it was odd when, in another thread, you said the seller was replacing it with a Z120-BT, which is exactly the same unit. All that it takes is a software update, which can be had for $150 (or free). So why replace the HU if it was working?

Yeah, I hope you haven't already pulled the trigger on all those cables, adapters, and missing parts. I thought it was odd when, in another thread, you said the seller was replacing it with a Z120-BT, which is exactly the same unit. All that it takes is a software update, which can be had for $150 (or free). So why replace the HU if it was working?

Yea, I never got a straight answer as to why the cables didnt come with it. He said in one email it was never installed, then in another email he said he had installed it. He finally agreed to take it back after I opened a case. Im going to document the condition of the unit before I ship it back tho just to cover myself. I ended up buying a refurb from a big seller instead. was only $658 plus $7 shipping and it comes with all accessories. So Ill have a new toy to play with soon :)

Well good luck on the refurb. Still don't why you went the risky route. There is a thread on here to a place that is selling the 120 for less then 800 after rebate.

I am just trying to keep my costs down. I figure I can get $400 for my D3, didn't want to spend more than $250ish on top of my sale of the D3. And I can use the torrent from here to upgrade to the 120. I'll have to read up on that and see if people have been having problems or if the kinks have been worked out. Still you're right, for $800 for the 120, thats a pretty great deal.

Yea but after getting burned already I just wouldn't be so quick to go with another potentially problem piece. Especially a refurb from eBay. I mean, I cant imagine a riskier option. At least the first one he got was DOA. This one might work for 60 days or so and take a dump.

Yea but after getting burned already I just wouldn't be so quick to go with another potentially problem piece. Especially a refurb from eBay. I mean, I cant imagine a riskier option. At least the first one he got was DOA. This one might work for 60 days or so and take a dump.

True it could take a dump. The returns are anything from customer returns (anything opened and returned, even after a day), to fixed by pioneer because of a problem. It has a manufacturers warranty if need be, its only 90 days. I bought my D3 on ebay 3 years ago and have had no problems (knock on wood). This is honestly the only bad transaction in 400 buys/sells.

I do really appreciate everyone's help and support.

• 2 months later...

vblue-- there are times when getting it from ebay is a good deal... i got a JL audio 250/1 amp that retails for 300 for 62.99 plus 11.00 for a squaretrade warranty. Thats 74.00 for a whole amp plus a one year warranty, and if it breaks in that time, i get my 100% full money back from the pawn shop that's on ebay with 100% feedback that sold it to me... but yea you are right now, with electronics, it is so easy to get burned, but if you look hard enough, you can find great deals! On my z110bt though I bought it brand new from amazon.com and got the full rebate back.. paid less then 800 total brand new!