AVIC411.com

Installed - 2007 Denali

Well, Install went good. Z1 is in and a rockin. Bluetooth, Ipod and XM with NavTraffic all fully functional. This thing is too cool. Glad I didnt get the factory Nav.

Used the PAC OS-3Bose interface to keep all chimes, Onstar Amp and Sub. Interface works good.

Bought the Pac SWI-PS but cant get it to work.... Tried the programming like a billion times. Cant get it to go into programming mode. Thought this would be an easy install cause the OS-3Bose harness has the wire right there to hook to. Gonna call PAC on Monday. Maybe it's a bad module.

Didn't get the camera in but wired and ready. Just got to figure out where I am gonna mount it.

Tapped into the rear monitor too. Wires right in dash. Easy!

Oh, by the way... I had the infamous buzzing when button pressed issue. I had the mic in the wrong hole! Duh.

Thanks for a Great Site!

Obviously it did for you but what a trip. I just bought a ‘07 Denali this weekend to take advantage of a tax write off before end of year so it was kinda rushed and chose one without the Nav thinking I’ll just move the Z1 from my Suburban. I have the skills to do this myself but have a hard time coming up with the time since skills might be there but experience is low with car installs. What a pro can do in three hours would probably take me 3 days but it would be nice because I’m picky. So, I went to the place I bought my Z1 from to talk about moving the Z1 w/BT, XM, NavTraffic from old to new. They told me there are no cables yet for the Y91 radio so the alternative would be to pay for 8 hours of labor to move existing radio to rear of car some place because it needs to remain in the can-bus loop for onstar to work including the Bose Amp, add a new amp for Z1 sound, replace the rear viewing DVD screen because the driver board for the existing screen is in the Y91 radio itself (I was scratching my head on that one) and they would be basically re-wiring the whole picture! Are you saying there are cables for the Z1 to fit in without this other mis-adventure? I like these guys but maybe they don’t have the right info or suppliers. I was starting to think about giving up on the Z1 and going with a dash mounted Nav and that could make a grown man cry.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

DigitalXrayGuy

NCal

Whoa... Yeah, they are a little mis-informed. That may have been the case about 6 to 8 months ago when the first GMT900's started rolling off the platform.

Not the case now... Check out http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp

They have recently released the OS-3Bose interface. This is what you need to retain chimes, onstar, etc. It works Great! The only thing that does not work is the Avic wont fade front to back... Not a big deal in my mind. Everything else is flawless. Pretty simple install too. Plenty of room behind the heater controls for the PAC module.

I installed the bluetooth right under the center console. Pulls right up and out. The XM Navtraffic and Ipod are behind the glove box. This is where the factory XM was. Plenty of room up in there. Oh, you can use the Factory XM antenna, just need to shave the nubs off the male end of the Navtraffic unit. For the GPS antenna, the a-pillars and then front of the dash pops up with 5 clips. Almost directly in the center is a little recessed area where the factory GPS mounts. Stick the metel on there, stick the antenna to that and you are done. Hope this helps.... BTW, sounds so much better than the stock HU-

I checked the site, it looks great. Obviously listing the 07 Denali so that will be the direction I'm going.

This is another example of the forum putting quality knowledge together with people that need it.

Thanks Joshs. I'm real glad you decided to post your recent success.

Digxrayguy

Well, Install went good. Z1 is in and a rockin. Bluetooth, Ipod and XM with NavTraffic all fully functional. This thing is too cool. Glad I didnt get the factory Nav.

Used the PAC OS-3Bose interface to keep all chimes, Onstar Amp and Sub. Interface works good.

Bought the Pac SWI-PS but cant get it to work.... Tried the programming like a billion times. Cant get it to go into programming mode. Thought this would be an easy install cause the OS-3Bose harness has the wire right there to hook to. Gonna call PAC on Monday. Maybe it's a bad module.

Didn't get the camera in but wired and ready. Just got to figure out where I am gonna mount it.

Tapped into the rear monitor too. Wires right in dash. Easy!

Oh, by the way... I had the infamous buzzing when button pressed issue. I had the mic in the wrong hole! Duh.

Thanks for a Great Site!

Josh, your having trouble with the programming on the steering controls because the steering wheel interface wire cannot be connected up off the interface module wiring. You absolutely have to use the switched steering wheel wiring off the BCM. I have total functionality in mine, I had heard about the programming issue prior to my instal in my 07 Avalanche and went to the BCM and it works like a charm.

• 1 month later...

The adapter for the 2007 Denali is the PAC OS3-Bose:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product. ... uctid=9359

It works great. The only functionality I lost was the ability to fade front to rear - no big. OnStar works, the phone which is a Verizon phone works well (better than the BT in the Pioneer), Ducati boys override has all else working very well to access all functions. One other area that cost me a little extra but I like is that the built in factory rear screen could not be incorporated since it was looking for a can-bus signal to turn the unit on. I had a 3rd party rear screen installed and it's bigger, has built in video games for the kids along with it's own DVD player that I can watch up front (I don't do though) or I can still play a DVD out of the Z1 and it shows up in the rear with the IR headsets working for the kids. I'm pleased. Without the PAC OS3, you're pissing into the wind.

Good luck.

Digxrayguy