AVIC411.com

Z120BT Constant BT proble/Firmware Update?

Hi All,

In the past I have addressed the problem with my Z120BT Bluetooth. The sound quality is absolutely a disaster.

I have moved the pioner mic from the left side to right under the mirror, renamed my phone, use 3 or 4 other phones to pair with and called several people on multiple carriers, put tape along the opening of the mic.. EVERYTHING...NOTHING Helps, it stinks, It sounds like I'm under water to the other party. I hear them well enough too.

I have done everything I can possibly do including renaming the phone, every possible setting, volume up and down on the handset and on the AVIC..

I know this is a Pioneer problem, but is it a firmware Issue? (How do I know my firmware version? Is there a newer firmware which tackles Blueooth problem ? Has Pioneer addressed this? What's the ultimate solution?

Is it a mic problem? some have said sugested using a garmin or Parrot Mic.

I saw a parrot MKI 9200 system and a dealer said he'd order that dual mic to test with my Pioneer, but first he'll call both pioneer and parrot to see if it can work with the 120BT.

Is this problem solveable ?, has anyone gotten their 120BT to work with stellar voice quality over Bluetooth. I'd hate to have to give up the touchscreen on my pioneer and spend $200+ for a parrot complete system.

My current phone is an HTC TP2 with sprint.

ALSO, can a 120BT show my photo contacts that are associated with my phone's call contact list ?, or just the caller ID name and number?

By the way I just checked, my latest BT firmware version is 3.11 and system is 2.0

I just want my $1,800 120BT to work propely with bluetooth, so that I'm heard by the other party.

Thanks so much for any help.

Jeff

Hi All,

In the past I have addressed the problem with my Z120BT Bluetooth. The sound quality is absolutely a disaster.

I have moved the pioner mic from the left side to right under the mirror, renamed my phone, use 3 or 4 other phones to pair with and called several people on multiple carriers, put tape along the opening of the mic.. EVERYTHING...NOTHING Helps, it stinks, It sounds like I'm under water to the other party. I hear them well enough too.

I have done everything I can possibly do including renaming the phone, every possible setting, volume up and down on the handset and on the AVIC..

I know this is a Pioneer problem, but is it a firmware Issue? (How do I know my firmware version? Is there a newer firmware which tackles Blueooth problem ? Has Pioneer addressed this? What's the ultimate solution?

Is it a mic problem? some have said sugested using a garmin or Parrot Mic.

I saw a parrot MKI 9200 system and a dealer said he'd order that dual mic to test with my Pioneer, but first he'll call both pioneer and parrot to see if it can work with the 120BT.

Is this problem solveable ?, has anyone gotten their 120BT to work with stellar voice quality over Bluetooth. I'd hate to have to give up the touchscreen on my pioneer and spend $200+ for a parrot complete system.

My current phone is an HTC TP2 with sprint.

ALSO, can a 120BT show my photo contacts that are associated with my phone's call contact list ?, or just the caller ID name and number?

By the way I just checked, my latest BT firmware version is 3.11 and system is 2.0

I just want my $1,800 120BT to work propely with bluetooth, so that I'm heard by the other party.

Thanks so much for any help.

Jeff

If you haven't already, you should download and install v2.003 from the Pioneer web-site. According to Pioneer:

"This firmware update (version 2.003000) contains important improvements addressing Bluetooth

Hands-Free and Voice Recognition operations."

Exactly what the improvements are is anybody's guess.

As far as BT phone quality, I'd call mine about average. I've had worse. Don't expect it to be pristeen. About like talking on a speaker-phone in a noisey environment - which it is. If you prefer/require high quality - equivalent to a wired handset, get a good headset.

If you haven't already, you should download and install v2.003 from the Pioneer web-site. According to Pioneer:

"This firmware update (version 2.003000) contains important improvements addressing Bluetooth

Hands-Free and Voice Recognition operations."

Exactly what the improvements are is anybody's guess.

As far as BT phone quality, I'd call mine about average. I've had worse. Don't expect it to be pristeen. About like talking on a speaker-phone in a noisey environment - which it is. If you prefer/require high quality - equivalent to a wired handset, get a good headset.

So I gather you downloaded the latest 2.003000 for your 120BT?

And 3.11 is the lastest bluetooth Firmware?

I just know my Rosen entertainment NAV for my other car had unbelievable bluetooth, of course ipod control sucks.

Do you know if the 120BT can display photo contacts or just text?

EDIT: Just updated the software to 2.03...Called my GF, still like I have a bad throat and am under water.

Hopefully the Parrot dual mic will do the trick or Bluetooth firmware 3.12? if it comes out.

UNBELIEVABLE that a top price, high end Pioneer has a bluetooth system which is barely audible ( though music streamed via blueooth from my CP is fine, but conversations...NO way.

THERE HAS to be an answer, a direct explanantion, THERE has to be, unacceptable BT for a top of the line unit.

Thanks,

Jeff

No.

If i cant get a solution and the parrot mic does not do the trick, I will simply turn OFF bluetooth on the 120BT and get a complete Parrot bluetooth system using my cars audio system, hopefully the 120bt will allow integration but man am I ever turned off, disgraceful about pioneer, thought I was getting the best and got the worst.

It is ironic that Pioneer chose to name this Z120*BT* for Bluetooth. I can't imagine a $200 mic will do anything. I use $2 mics (wired) with my cell phone - they work fine. I've tried two mics, moved them - still very poor quality. Really your only choice is to disable it, and use your phone.

Don't buy the thing if you need to use BT for calls (or if you use the voice commands)

Understandably you sound quite upset with the situation. I just installed Z120BT on my Tahoe and have been told that the mic sounds fine from the three or four calls I have made so far. I have firmware 2.003 and the 3.11 bluetooth and it is paired with an iphone 4. Maybe you could try someone else's phone (maybe even an iphone) and see if they have the same problem. Another option may to return your HU for another Z120BT and see if it is the luck of the draw.

Understandably you sound quite upset with the situation. I just installed Z120BT on my Tahoe and have been told that the mic sounds fine from the three or four calls I have made so far. I have firmware 2.003 and the 3.11 bluetooth and it is paired with an iphone 4. Maybe you could try someone else's phone (maybe even an iphone) and see if they have the same problem. Another option may to return your HU for another Z120BT and see if it is the luck of the draw.

Well, honestly I just returned from my mountain home where i did the update to 2.03 from 2.01...fringe reception there.

Now back in NYC area, people say they are hearing me.

I will pair it with an iphone and keep testing, and perhaps still if problems continue, get a parrot blue tooth and disable the BT in the 120.

Do your callers hear you as being on a speakerphone?

Jeff

My wife tells me it sounds the same as when I used the Chevy OEM bluetooth which most people think is good. She says it is not at good as having the phone to my head, but sounds like a good speakerphone.

Well, I'll give it a few more days and then either have a Parrot system replace Pioneer's BT ot request a new head unit.

Jeff