AVIC411.com

D1 does not recognize authentic NAV disc?

I just installed my D1, the CD drive works well, I can listen to music. However, when I load up my Nav DVD in the DVD drive it keeps telling me to "INSERT THE APPROPRIATE DISC".

I tried the reset button, and the other disc, but the same message appears. I have authentic discs.

Please help! My warranty period is already up because I have had it for a while, I don't know what else to do :( Please advise.

If my drive is bad, can someone recommend a good place to get it fixed.

the LA postion appears to be a system "start" position. It should adjust itself after you move or wait a bit for the satellites to get your postion. What I did was just use the "adjust location" menu to tell it where I was, so I didn't have to wait for it to figure it out. Zoom way out so and then when you get close to your location zoom way in to get a fine point.

I just installed my D1, the CD drive works well, I can listen to music. However, when I load up my Nav DVD in the DVD drive it keeps telling me to "INSERT THE APPROPRIATE DISC".

I tried the reset button, and the other disc, but the same message appears. I have authentic discs.

Please help! My warranty period is already up because I have had it for a while, I don't know what else to do :( Please advise.

If my drive is bad, can someone recommend a good place to get it fixed.

Hi there !

I have a D1 and have the same problem.As you said that you can use it when you I did the software downgrade.I don't understand what does it mean.I would appreciate if you could tell me how to do.Thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I guess I am not the only one who had this problem. Sorry it took me so long to come back to this site, school is in now. I basically reinstalled(relashed) the software and that fixed my problem. I used a tutorial on "downgrading software" to an older version that was originally for a N1. But I followed the instructions and they worked for my D1 also. Anyway I was going to link you all to the thread I used with the tutorial on how to reflash your unit (downgrade software), but it seems someone deleted the tutorial in this thread:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=reset

Luckily I printed out one before it was erased. So I will type it by hand below:

The Buttons:

OK=JOYPAD INWARD

BACK=JOYPAD TO THE LEFT (previous menu)

BACK=BAND BUTTON (main menu)

STEP#1 Acessing the service menu (first remove any discs)

Hold Reset & Eject

Release Reset but HOLD Eject

THe screen will go back in and out. then will say "Please press the reset button".....BUT DONT DO IT

Then with the joystick, press the following:

UP, RIGHT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT...then OK (press right joystick inwards)

Password screen will come on briefly.

Step#2 Flashing the Navigation Software

Test mode screen appears - CLICK JOYSTICK TO THE RIGHT ONCE

Scroll down to #6 - PROGRAM FORCED WRITE (PRESS OK)

INSERT THE NAVIGATION DVD (whichever version you want)

Select#1 SYSTEM PROGRAM (PRESS OK)

SELECT#2 DVD/CD ROM (PRESS OK)

SELECT LANGUAGE...(english)

PRESS (VIEW-POS) BUTTON

should see the system program going up in %

STEP #3

When finished programming in above step, Press (BACK)

Select #6- PROGRAM FORCED WRITE AGAIN (OK)

SELECT #3- APPLICATION PROGRAM (OK)

SELECT #2 DVD/CD ROM (OK)

SELECT ENGLISH THEN PRESS (VIEW-POS) BUTTON

should see system going up in %

When finished press (BACK)

Go to test mode page 1

Select #6- CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY (OK)

should say FINISHED and then ask for reset button to be pressed. When prompted, press RESET

Step #4

Start Nav again

When prompted for Language press NO (read text)

DONE!

• 3 weeks later...

I was so excited to hear that this worked because I have the same problem. I rushed out and followed each step but at the end when it resets, I still get the same error. Is there anything else I can try? The only discs I have are the Version 1.2 discs and I used the West one to do the flashing. Is there anyway to get around the error until I get this fixed so I can at least use the audio portion of this device or does rely completely on the disc in the ROM drive? Thanks for any help.

Well, my problem might have been a little different than yours if i understand correctly. I was always able to use the audio (CD player) part. That always worked. My Nav was just giving me problems. Just making sure you know that there are two disc slots, the one on top is for CD's the lower one is for the DVD maps. If the flash does not work I am not sure what else would. Let us know what happens.

I've always been able to listen to cd's but the only thing that shows up on the screen is that "Insert Appropriate disc" error in three different languages. I can change tracks with the knob and switch to the radio by pressing the source button, but again, the screen never leaves the error message. I really want to adjust the audio levels (bass, treble, or equalizer), but I can't get passed that error to see any options. Is there a way to get passed that error message? Last time I called Pioneer, they said I could pay a $200 flat fee and they would fix whatever is wrong with it. I'm just not ready to spend that much until I'm sure there's nothing I can do. Thanks for your help so far.