AVIC411.com

X920BT - Which iPod/iPhone Cable Do I Need?

I recently purchased a X920BT and am going to be installing it soon. Which iPod cable do I need to connect my iPod and/or iPhone to the unit? I've researched the Pioneer CD-IU50V and think that it is way over priced. I've also read that you can use the regular white cable that Apple supplies with the iPod/iPhone. I know that the Pioneer CD-IU50V is requiered if you want to send videos to your HU, but can I purchase a third party cable that has the iPod connection on one end and the usb and 3.5 mm jack on the other end? I've found some online for a fraction of the price of a Pioneer CD-IU50V and want to make sure that it will work. Thanks for any help!

And you cant use the cable that came with your Apple device unless you use another cable through the headphone jack of the device to get audio which means you will need to bother with connecting and unconnecting two cables each time you attempt to use the device instead of just one. To me it seems that if you just dropped 500-800 dollars on a new unit another 50 bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

• 5 months later...

that cable is to plug in to the back of the avic and give you a place to plug in a usb drive with out having to buy anything else, the correct poineer cable will then plug into that cable pictured

as far as the generic cables, sure a few of them work, but one of the biggest problems with AVIC's on this board are due to people using these cheap a$$ cables and then they are defective.

EXTRA THOUGHTS

if you are really that tight for money, then you shouldn't have bought such an expensive radio in the first place!

as far as the 3 or 4 pin cables, not only do you need to get a 4 pin cable for the video to work, but the pinout has to be correct as a lot of cables with the same connector have a different pinout which will not work for this unit. (can effect audio as well)

do yourself a favor, spend the money on the correct parts or trade your avic for a jensen