AVIC411.com

Bypass help... paid for install

I paid to have my D2 installed. Yes, I know. But I had to have custom dash work done that I didn't want to do. Anyway, I had them do the bypass for me. I thought it was working when I left, but after I got 100 miles away I realized it wasn't working!

The installer didn't want to get in trouble so he put in a toggle switch that supposedly grounds the parking brake.

When the unit is turned on, it gives the improper parking brake install warning. Also, when the toggle is switched off, you can't do anything (like you are driving). When it is switched on, it behaves as if the brake is on until you start driving. I had the mute wire in the extra slot when I gave him the harness and told him to ground it.

Just curious if anyone had any suggestions since I am taking it back to get them to fix something else they messed up too. Is it possible they just didn't ground the extra wire?

Oh yeah, I had the bypass relay on it to begin with. But the first shop I took it to cut it off, and I didn't know how to reattach. A$$holes...

i believe but could be wrong, that when the unit is bypassed, if the vss wire is not hooked up, you wont get a reading on the speedo, i could be wrong though as I havent tested this.

I just posted about this elsewhere, but I don't think my vss wire is hooked up because the speed sensor always reads 0. However, I spedometer still gives me a reading.

• 2 weeks later...