AVIC411.com

Camera Recommendation

Hi there

i put this one on my truck

it is made by crimestopper and if you do a search for it you should find it for around 160-200 for the camera

the quality of the picture from the camera is amazing there is only 1 downfall at night you cant see squat i added 2 work lights to workaround the problem

denny

post-4227-12872751646533_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not a bad camera, in fact crimestopper is being sued for copyright infringement on that piece. The original creator has one that is a little better, it rotates the lense so your not stuck with that angle of view. the crimestopper piece is also plastic, where as the original creator is metal. Personally I prefer metal as apposed to plastic.

I have the vtl110 installed. It is similar to the vtl300 mentioned by johul except that it is chrome. It has a .3 lux rating and I find it to be very sensitive to light. I finally figured out that the Z1 allows me to adjust the brightness and this allowed me to get a better picture. So far I am very happy with the look of the camera and the quality of the image. The only issue I have is a little noise in the image which I will correct with a noise suppressor.

lpclarge.gif

is the camera I have. they are metal not plastic. they have an adjustment on them that allows to rotate (angle) the lense up or down so as to fit more vehicle. I have had the platecam on my f150 and it worked ok, I did get scratchy lines with it, but that may have been a connection issue since it was on a truck that was dirty most of the time. The other thing I did not like about the plate cam was that its not adjustable as far as the angle. I had to put some spacers in a certain way to get the thing to view what I wanted to see.

In addition, these other cameras are plastic, and when jumping up onto the bumper of my truck I used to slip occasionally and my foot would push against the frame of the camera, and finally cracked it.

The quality of the camera I really dont know as far as line of resolution. I have seen similar cameras with 380 lines, but it may be that, or it may be more. The quality of the camera is decent, its not the best. You cant see well in the dark, you have to have something lighting the path for the camera to see. Also, I suggest having something in the line of sight such as a bumper. This helps with point of reference when viewing the camera. we sell these cameras alot for $499 installed, so $129 is very reasonable for the part only.

I dont really like selling these because they are pretty plain jane, theres no paperwork, and no box persay. its in a plastic container with the cabling. This is because it came directly from the manufacture at the time and was really suppose to be stock for our customers that never even would see a box or paperwork. In fact the manufacturer was going to produce these kits for us, the kit would have had a rear view mirror that has a lcd screen in it. The screen is so well hidden you cant tell its even there when the video is not on. The only downfall is that it is 'coated' with an anti glare thingy but NOT auto dimming like some mirrors. I still have one of them even.

Anyways, thats my thoughts on them.

Anyone have the ND-BC2? How is it?

I'm trying to decide on a camera too...

The plate cam thing seems to be a decent option that I hadn't thought about yet...

This one sounds great but I don't want (what seems to be a) giant "block" mounted on my car:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Low-light performance is important, as well as the "mirroring" option as well...

Does the ND-BC2 support those features?

Thanks.

Sports shooter, Looks very interesting. I like the low profile aspect. Any chance you could provide a picture or two of the Z1 screen so we can see image quality like OSUV did? Many thanks either way. Also, I was impressed with the night vision of the model OSUV chose. Is yours decent at night?

Thanks again,

digxrayguy

• 2 months later...
I had this one installed yesterday. Absolutely love it. I have an 06 4Runner and the door handle protects it from rain. Got it on E-Bay for $145 delivered. It also comes in plastic.

http://www.tundraelectronics.com/cart/p ... amera.html

Can you adjust the camera angle at all on that one? It would be nice to be able to tilt it down so I catch part of the bumper.