AVIC411.com

Question for IDT, Diaftia, ABB and other experts....

I picked up a brand new 900 last year and I'm finally getting around to installing it in my vehicle.

It's completely untouched and I think that it's 2.0 firmware.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum, but a lot of the links/info are outdated or dead. Can you please tell me what I should to upgrade the firmware and to which version? Also - How I remove the inmotion blocks and where do I get the latest Canadian maps?

I've been doing a ton of reading over the past few weeks, but a lot of the threads are 1-2 years old and as a newbie I'm not sure which are still accurate and which ones are outdated. I'm also fairly confused about upgrading to X firmware from F firmware.

If one of you could start a thread with the basic upgrades/mods/hacks I'd really be thankful.

Sorry if this is already a sticky somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks,

John

Use this thread to get you to 3.0.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22876-fresh-30-install-on-f90bt-with-pictures/

Once you are on 3.0 you can move to any mod you like. There are not any current mods available that run on anything other then 3.x.

Great and thank you.

Will the upgrade you linked speed up the system at all? It's fvcking ponderous right now.

Thanks,

John

It will improve it but it will always be slow.

Well it's a lot slower now. I'm stuck in a bootloop. :o

This is proving to be more of a challenge than I had hoped for.

How do I confirm that I've got the correct Ezrider and License files for my maps?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you like it! :mrgreen:

Funny you should mention that....yesterday the GPS started showing me off the map, then the GPS quit altogether, then the next time I started my vehicle it went into an endless bootloop. I tried reloading, but it doesn't pick up the SD card....it just sits in bootloop. Any suggestions?