AVIC411.com

F90bt starts up, no pioneer logo screen, then blank screen

i have a F90bt and it was running fine until i jumped a friend's car which had a dead battery. now it starts up, all the buttons light up and then the lights go out. nothing on the screen every shows up, it stays blank. the unit is ON but screen is blank and none of the buttons do anything.

any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, no pioneer logo, black screen, powers off after 15-20 seconds. I cannot load testmode, however, I can get into the service menu but I cannot do the following:

1. perform a wince upgrade, it gets to reading 100% and just sits there

2. formatMBR, just keeps putting me back to the top of the menu list

I scoured through the forums and most people indicate bad nand memory. At this point it's either ship it back to pioneer or find someone who can service avic units, or unless someone else has a better suggestion.

-sai

I have the same issue with my f900bt. Just happened all of a sudden. Unit is stock with 2.0 update only. Worked fine when I shut the car off on Friday and then the car sat all day Saturday. Started it up this morning and noticed the radio did not come on. The buttons light up for 20 seconds and then go out. I can hear the fan still running in the background. When I try to enter the service mode by holding down Reset, Menu, Map, and Eject, the lights all go out. When I release Reset, the lights start flashing but still nothing happens. The screen stays completely black. Any suggestions anyone has sure would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hey Bill, elsewhere on this site are instructions on how to go through the process of doing a WINCE update and getting the system into TestMode where you can reset the box. It requires downloading some files onto a couple of SD cards. I've already tried those steps and can't get it into testmode so I'm stuck. Hopefully your unit will respond just like the others that got it fixed.

I already tried that but like you, I can't get into testmode. For now I am using a 700bt that my father had in a car that he doesn't drive anymore. I found a merchant on ebay that repairs these units for about $120. I may decide to go that route if I can get some extra cash. For anyone else who is interested, the website is www.turbotunes.com.

I called Pioneer tech support and the totally unenthusiastic guy on the phone said, "sounds like you need to send it to us". Alrighty then, guess that's my only option save your turbotunes.com. I'll check them out too, just in case.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to get my unit out. The double din bezel on my Altima doesn't want to pop out so I'm afraid of just breaking it. But I can't see any way that it's connected to either the unit or the dash. The guys at CarToys said it should just pull out but that isn't working. Anyone have any ideas?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...