AVIC411.com

Screen off button. Can we copy this button to another location?

I think it is nice to be able to switch off the screen (especially at night) or when you just listen to the radio. I am able to switch the screen off by going into System Settings > Screen off, however, is there a way we can copy this button anywhere else? For example, the main menu screen?

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is nice to be able to switch off the screen (especially at night) or when you just listen to the radio. I am able to switch the screen off by going into System Settings > Screen off, however, is there a way we can copy this button anywhere else? For example, the main menu screen?

Many thanks in advance

No, it is not possible. We cannot change the script in the Main/AV part of the unit, only the navigation part. There is several ways of doing this with a button in the Nav section though.

• 2 weeks later...

You could just make a screen off ui file (just a black background) and put a button someplace on the nav screen. You want what I have created in my mods but I added the date and clock (as well as weather for msn subscribers). Just make the black background a button back to st_navigatemap.

You could just make a screen off ui file (just a black background) and put a button someplace on the nav screen. You want what I have created in my mods but I added the date and clock (as well as weather for msn subscribers). Just make the black background a button back to st_navigatemap.

Yeah you can do that but this is not a true OFF, because you are still going to see the backlight from the LCD.

I found the solution by using an executable file called ScreenOff.exe, and I posted it here: My thread!

Use it at will! I will make it available on my upcoming update to my mod. :rolleyes: