AVIC411.com

Cheapest place to buy an AVIC-D2

I know what you mean about eBay and electronics - especially pricey ones. I just got burned on my amp - only 3 months old and went out. No local service will touch it and the seller only has a 15 day doa policy. I was searching Costco.com for a Garmin Street Pilot for my wife and saw that they had the AVIC D2 for $899.99 shipped, so I grabbed one. Any problems I can at least get my money back from Costco without a problem. Just checked and they don't have it listed anymore. Erik

• 3 weeks later...
I know what you mean about eBay and electronics - especially pricey ones. I just got burned on my amp - only 3 months old and went out. No local service will touch it and the seller only has a 15 day doa policy. I was searching Costco.com for a Garmin Street Pilot for my wife and saw that they had the AVIC D2 for $899.99 shipped, so I grabbed one. Any problems I can at least get my money back from Costco without a problem. Just checked and they don't have it listed anymore. Erik

There is a place called United Radio Service located in NY, mine was fized there. You can try and send your unit there.

Address:

2949 Erie Blvd E

Syracuse, NY 13224

www.unitedradio.com

1-800-634-8606

315-446-8700

You should be able to grab an AVIC-D3 for around $700-775 online (it's only $1,000 retail) in the next few months, and it's light years ahead of a D1/D2... Personally, I would wait if I was you, even if you still want a D1/D2 since the D3 will cause the price on the D1/D2 to drop dramatically compared to what they're selling for now.

Anyhow, United Radio is absolutely fantastic, they will service your radio no matter where you purchased and guarantee their work as Pioneer Gold certified/authorized repair center; all at extremely fair pricing.

http://198.66.219.68/yourservicecenter/

Over the years, they've repaired around 6 Pioneer decks for me (P9 and P1Rs) with excellent quality and speedy turn-around. I have to recommend them. :)