AVIC411.com

Letter to Pioneer

Now that they are launching the Avic-Z2...with UPDATED Maps...

Perhaps as a group we could get a letter over to some heads at Pioneer??

There seems to be two common problems with Avic-Z1:

1) Bluetooth problems

2) No updated Maps for the GPS

With the caliber of unit we have, you would think engineering would have played a better roll with the Avic-Z1.

I propose to write the letter, but we will also need to have a list/endoresement of fellow Avic-Z1 owners who have the same problem! I could compose the master cover letter to Pioneer and the individual Avic-Z1 owners also send in a brief letter stating they agree with the master letter? I'd be prepared to write the main letter and outline of the personal endoresement letter, you each personalize the endoresement letter and mail it to me. It will only cost you a stamp to Canada. I'll take all the letters and master letter and co-ordinate them to get to Pioneer?

Any takers or suggestions??

well the bluetooth has been addressed slightly, and I am sure they are still working on things. The first update for it has been available at no charge already to us users. As for the maps, thats how they make their money, they sell the upgraded disks once the upgrade is available. Thats how its always been.

When I called Pioneer I was told that the Z2 will be the same hardware as the Z1. It will simply contain updated firmware, updated maps, etc. They told me the update would be free to Z1 users. Now it may end up being free with no maps, which I am fine for, just as long as I get an update to my Z1.

Be patient, we'll know a lot more after CES. Isn't that this month? shit if i know.

No because we discussed that update too...

He said that the engineers are develpoing it now and to expect it i nthe spring... april or so.

CES is today through thursday. As for the free update, they probably thought the bluetooth CD was an update
Any takers or suggestions??

I have a suggestion. There is a site www.planetfeedback.com that I have used successfully in the past to send a gripe or suggestion email to a company. Check it out. They have multiple Pioneers listed, the one you would want is Pioneer North America. You can also have people reply to your "shared letter" which also goes to Pioneer.