AVIC411.com

New Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas database on 2 DVD Discs featuring nearly 14 million Points of Interest (POI), plus US and Canada coverage (including Alaska and Hawaii).

I had a feeling they weren't switching to Navteq as was mentioned in a previous post.

I wonder how much better this can be since it's still using TeleAtlas?

Its odd that Pioneers press releases all still say 11 million, or almost 12 million POI but the auction says 14 mil. Seems shady

New Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas database on 2 DVD Discs featuring nearly 14 million Points of Interest (POI), plus US and Canada coverage (including Alaska and Hawaii).

I had a feeling they weren't switching to Navteq as was mentioned in a previous post.

I wonder how much better this can be since it's still using TeleAtlas?

Seller wrote me back and stated he was also a member on this board too. He said his friend works at Pioneer and this is a pre-production set of discs that really only updates the maps. He told me there's not much incentive for those who have the 60 series discs to use these. The final release discs will have more updates on them.

(???)

Well I finally got these today. Shipping a bit slow but they installed just fine. Was upgrading from the original AVIC-D1 discs with the update, so I can't compare these to the 60 series. Maps are defiantly updated, although I haven't driven downtown to see if certain roads are updated down there yet. Only other thing I have noticed is that the XM icon in the Source selection now looks a bit different. Probably not worth the $30 premium over the 60 series disc on Ebay now, but I'm happy none-the-less.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you are right, I noticed some people questioning the discs on here and did some research and my source was crap. They were just edited discs. So much for that, the auctions were removed so no one else gets one of these discs. Watch out for the ice guy on there that is where I got them...

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a bit off topic;

I have an AVIC-800DVD with remote controlled AVH-P6400R unit. Currently I run the CNDV-40R dvd's with teleatlas maps.

Is it somehow possible to update the map data by using the CNDV-50M or CNDV-60M mapdata?

Does anyone know what will happen if i install the CNDV50M software without having a touchscreen? Will it not run at all or will I not be able to enter the destination with my remote??

Many thanks