AVIC411.com

Attenuation (ATT)

I just took a button on my steering wheel that we never use (mem or media...can't remember) and programmed it to mute on the SWI. Works great...and something that should have been done from the factory.
[quote name="Anonymous"]I just took a button on my steering wheel that we never use (mem or media...can't remember) and programmed it to mute on the SWI. Works great...and something that should have been done from the factory.[/quote]

Wheres the mute button that you programmed from?
I just got my Z1 installed last week in a BMW M3 I have the Pacs steering wheel controls, there is a button on my steering wheel which I thought was for voice command but when I price it, "ATT" comes up on the screen and it significantly reduces the volume. So it can be done. I had the unit prof. installed so I don't know how it was done.
[quote name="kashMD"]I just got my Z1 installed last week in a BMW M3 I have the Pacs steering wheel controls, there is a button on my steering wheel which I thought was for voice command but when I price it, "ATT" comes up on the screen and it significantly reduces the volume. So it can be done. I had the unit prof. installed so I don't know how it was done.[/quote]

ATT is on my full remote but I can't get anything on the full remote to work yet.
[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="Anonymous"]I just took a button on my steering wheel that we never use (mem or media...can't remember) and programmed it to mute on the SWI. Works great...and something that should have been done from the factory.[/quote]

Wheres the mute button that you programmed from?[/quote]

Edrock....I'm not sure I understand what you're asking me. But here is what I did...The SWI-PS doesn't care what button is what on your steering wheel. All it cares about is what "frequency" is received when you push a button. It assigns that "frequency" to whatever function on the SWI-PS you are programming and converts it to the corresponding signal for the Z1 for that operation. (I realize you know all this, but there may be some that don't) So what I did was take the "media" button on the Aviator steering wheel controls (since we don't really use that one anyway) and when it came to the "mute" sequence in the SWI-PS sequence, I assigned that button to that action. Now, when you hit "media" on my steering wheel controls, it mutes (attenuates) the Z1. You could assign this action to just about any button you want. I chose one we don't normally use. I have one other button I could switch to another action (MEM) and I would like to assign that to "voice command" of the Z1. To do that, the Z1 would have to be able to accept that command from the hard wired port. I can't find out if it will. However, it will from the IR port, so I'm guessing it's there if we can find it. PAC has told me they would be willing to add it if we can confirm it.