AVIC411.com

Attenuation (ATT)

I was a big user of the ATT function on my N2 but was saddened to see that my new Z1 does not have that function. Or does it? I haven't been able to find it. I usually used it whenever I pulled up to a drive-thru window or the bank teller and now I will have to manually lower the volume. It's really not a big deal but it's just something I got used to and now I have to get used to doing it a different way. I was hoping there would be an ATT button on my CD-SR1 remote but I received it today and I didn't see such button.
I probably would not make a switch because I too am anal about what the install looks like but just out of curiousity... what exactly do you do with the cell mute input? Do you ground it or give it 12V+? If I get desperate enough I might buy the OEM foglight switch for my Honda Pilot and install it in the empty slot (I don't have the foglights). I like keeping stuff looking as stock as possible.
Guest Guest
The AV button may do what you want, every time you press the AV button it will change the source (ie DVD, LIBRARY, FM, AM ......), but if you just hold the AV button down, it will turn off the source - kind of a brute force mute. Press the AV button again, it will go back to the source you selected last and continue playing......
I'm not sure what Pioneer's is but Alpine's units take ground for the mute wire, I'd assume thats an idustry standard but I've only ever setup one mute wire setup. Also, FYI, according to the manual the voice navigation instructions and bluetooth ringer and phone connection will not be muted when the mute wire is activated.
Probably because of space. I hold down the A/V when my phone rings. Works just like a mute button, close enought to ATT

[quote name="palacios"]I guess that will work too. I was just wondering why they would leave out the ATT on a $2200 stereo???[/quote]
[quote name="palacios"]I was a big user of the ATT function on my N2 but was saddened to see that my new Z1 does not have that function. Or does it? I haven't been able to find it. I usually used it whenever I pulled up to a drive-thru window or the bank teller and now I will have to manually lower the volume. It's really not a big deal but it's just something I got used to and now I have to get used to doing it a different way. I was hoping there would be an ATT button on my CD-SR1 remote but I received it today and I didn't see such button.[/quote]

I was dissappointed too but then realized that the unit has the feature. You can only use it from a remote (I have it hooked up to my steering wheel controls using a pac module). I thought it was a little strange but it works.
[quote name="Anonymous"] [quote name="palacios"]I was a big user of the ATT function on my N2 but was saddened to see that my new Z1 does not have that function. Or does it? I haven't been able to find it. I usually used it whenever I pulled up to a drive-thru window or the bank teller and now I will have to manually lower the volume. It's really not a big deal but it's just something I got used to and now I have to get used to doing it a different way. I was hoping there would be an ATT button on my CD-SR1 remote but I received it today and I didn't see such button.[/quote]

I was dissappointed too but then realized that the unit has the feature. You can only use it from a remote (I have it hooked up to my steering wheel controls using a pac module). I thought it was a little strange but it works.[/quote]

Which remote button is ATT?
[quote name="Loch12v"]the Z1's remote is CDSR1 - it has voice command function and mute, also will control the bluetooth phone if you have it... for $20 it's not that bad...[/quote]

I must be missing something because I have the CDSR1 but don't have a mute button nor ATT button...which button is it exactly? The one with an "X" on it? That button doesn't mute for me.