AVIC411.com

help burning DVD audio disc

hello,

i've been reading around about this topic.

you can't burn a mp3 dvd and expect it to work

but there was a walk around this. by burning an audio DVD?

which software would work for this? and any setting to get a desire result?

thank you.

nero has an option like that you go to nero start smart choose 'dvd' at the top drop down menu and click the music note and there are a set of options i would say do create jukebox dvd im not sure if this works i haven't gotten around to trying it yet i'll try it out an c what happens

i have that too. but under the music note menu it only show

make mp3 dvd

make wma dvd

nothing show jukebox or anything.

let me know how it work out?

really looking to get this work so i can get most of my mp3 in a few dvds instead of bunch of cdrs.

It works! I am so happy!

I used my Macbook Pro and burned a "Music DVD" using Toast Titanium.

I even get a graphic, the title to the song, and the album title while playing. I was able to burn 5 albums to one DVD-R (4.7GB).

I opted to have it NOT use menus. I wonder what happens if I choose menus? hehe I'm going to try...

OK, this is too cool. I created another Music DVD and I used graphical menus to display all the albums on my Music DVD.

I can press the Menu key on the Z1 which takes me to all the albums. I cannot select them via touchscreen but can using the on screen directional arrows. Also, I can use the playlist forward and back hardware keys to move from album to album.

I can fit, I think, 6 or 7 hours of music on a single layer disc and double that on a double layer disc. In fact, I don't currently have enough music to fill a double sided disc...

PS- I hope I am not sounding too excited on something that everyone knows already! If so, sorry!

The disc, once made, turns out to be a true DVD. It has VOB and FOB files. In fact, I have about 17 hours of music on one right now! I guess what it does is compress however much you put on it til it fits... (Within reason, I would bet). You can customize it to a certain bit-rate but then you get much less on the disc.

I was able to successfully make one with all the album art but no video. Haven't figured that one out yet.... I don't think it is possible for the average program like Nero or Toast. But... You never know!

Anyway, the music is compressed, but not to MP3 specs. Not exactly sure what spec it is.... Maybe I will find that out next.

Sorry. Yes. I was able to go to Google Images and download the album art as JPG files and put them into Toast Titanium (Mac thing), then burn the Music DVD. Now, on my menu I have album art for each title. Each title is selectable on the menu, to play. Then as each song plays, I have album art too.

It is kinda cool the way it works... I choose which album to play off of a menu (like a standard DVD menu), then when the album is playing, the album art shows AND next to that, all the songs from the album are listed. There are on-screen arrows to choose songs and/or albums. To top it all off, I can set images to display as backgrounds to the album art. The background image is full screen.

make mp3 dvd

make wma dvd

really looking to get this work so i can get most of my mp3 in a few dvds instead of bunch of cdrs.

it seems you have the older version of nero than i do and yeah i remember those features at that time i din't have the z1 i tried what i had on my version and it said unreadable disc i would try "make mp3 dvd" and see if it works on yours but im thinking about finding that mac program that Inspector_Gadget has if it is available for windows i doubt it gotta get me one of those macs :D post up later with updates

make mp3 dvd

make wma dvd

it seems you have the older version of nero than i do and yeah i remember those features at that time i din't have the z1 i tried what i had on my version and it said unreadable disc i would try "make mp3 dvd" and see if it works on yours but im thinking about finding that mac program that Inspector_Gadget has if it is available for windows i doubt it gotta get me one of those macs :D post up later with updates

For sure you cannot burn MP3's to DVD at all for use in the Z1. What you can do is burn almost the equivalent amount of music on a "Audio DVD" or "Music DVD".

The equivalent PC program to the Mac Toast is Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. Nero 7 allows Audio DVD's too.

Important to remember: You cannot burn MP3 music AS DATA to a DVD and have it work. You must record your MP3 files to "Audio DVD" or "Music DVD". It is this process that will convert your MP3's to files playable in the Z1 as it stands today...

im thinking about getting roxio easy media creator 9 suite to accomplish what inspector gadget has done seems to be fair to me i don't mind having it in ".MP3" format or not i just want to put my whole collection onto fewest amount of discs it says on the roxio site that "Play your Audio DVDs in any home or car DVD player." so im fine with the set up that inespector has described to us