AVIC411.com

Just came across this picture, and it looks like to me that they have the Z2 and N4 on the wall of new XM "ready" radios at the XM booth at CES! If this is really them, and they are XM "Mini Tuner" radios, this would be awesome! An XM Mini tuner looks like an SD Media Memory card, just a tad bigger, and can be plugged into all different kinds of XM Minituner radios with only one subscription assigned to the card! (Like using the card in a radio in the car, then a portable walkman type radio, then a home stereo, etc).

img4617rg5.jpg

That would be cool to have only one subscription, but what would be even cooler is if this option was available for SIRIUS because, in my opinion, XM sucks.

Cheers,

Kevin

Opinions are like assholes...well you know the rest of the saying :) Enjoy your Sirius with DJs talking after every song

You can't listen to all the live NFL and NBA games on XM can you? And next year, XM subscribers lose Nascar too. And the reception seems better with SIRUS than with XM. I started out with XM when it first came out but it was time for me to get sirius about satellite radio. And yes, I have an asshole too :twisted:

Cheers,

Kevin

And the reception seems better with SIRUS than with XM.

I do agree with you about all the sports, but the line I quoted above cannot be right. Sirius' satellites are in geostationary orbit, where as XM's are geosynchronus. As well as XM has 4 birds in the sky, and Sirius 2 (third one coming soon). Lastly, XM has a far greater terrestrial repeater network as well.

Which service is better is definitely opinion, but your statement is not right either. Sirius has three sats in the air and has for like five or six years. XM does have four, but only uses two at a time. The original two will hand off to Rhythm and Blues (may have already actually) and then go into a sort of standby mode in case R & B fail until the original two run out of juice somewhere around ten years from now. As for reception, my XM does get better reception than Sirius because of the repeater network in most areas. When I am in extreme bumf*&k nowhere though, Sirius seems to work better and never cuts out, while XM does. With either service, neither cut out enough to make it unbearable so I just choose to listen to Sirius because I like it best, although XM gives me NavTraffic, so I would rather not live without either of them :D

I do agree with you about all the sports, but the line I quoted above cannot be right. Sirius' satellites are in geostationary orbit, where as XM's are geosynchronus. As well as XM has 4 birds in the sky, and Sirius 2 (third one coming soon). Lastly, XM has a far greater terrestrial repeater network as well.

I guess reception was not the best word. Sound clarity is more of what I mean. For some reason, Sirius just sounds so much better to me on the Z1 than XM does. Maybe it's just because I like the music/channel selection better on Sirius than I do on XM.

I have read from others on this site as well that they think Sirius sounds better on their Z1s too. But like you said about opinions...and I certainly respect yours.

One thing I do like better about XM is their integration of channel logo/icons on the Z1. It blows Sirius away in that respect.

But for live sports, XM can't compete.

Cheers,

Kevin