AVIC411.com

Volume when using XM with Z120

I have had my Z110 for a year now, and upgraded to the 120 last summer. About a month ago, I bought the XM add on for the unit prior to moving the family from Alaska to Colorado. I installed the reciever for the sat. in the center speaker mount in the dash of my 2010 Tundra. It's also where the GPS unit is. I've since noticed driving down here, and now driving around town in Colorado Springs, that I have to crank the volume up alot higher for my XM.

For example...normal FM radio I have the vol set to about 8 or 9 if the family is in the truck. By myself or out with the guys, it would be set about 13-15 depending. Playing a CD or streaming music via bluetooth from my phone or Zune, I may have the volume slightly lower since it's cleaner and crisper then FM radio.

XM should be clean and crips like the CD or at least MP3, but with my XM, even with family in the car I have to crank the volume up to at least 12 and if i'm by myself, then it's up to about 22, which put's it on par with FM radio at around 13 or 14 on the volume.

Is this normal to anyone? Has anyone else had issues with the volume being so low or is this possibly defective?

I had a similar problem with my z120 in my silverado. My Truck requires a GM interface to keep onstar and warnings and such. There are two small dials on that interface that can be adjusted with a small phillips screwdriver. One dial adjust the "warning chimes" (low fuel, door open,etc). The other dial adjusts volume level on external audio sources such as XM/Sirrius, Ipod. I am unfamiliar with the install on a Tundra but hopefully this helps.