AVIC411.com

Pic of Z1 Installed in 02 Avalanche (Din and a half)

I have an 2002 Silverado LT Ext. Cab and figured that the AVIC-Z1 couldn't be installed in it , but this gives me new hope.

1. How does the 2003 console bezel differ from that of the 2002 console?

2. Was it difficult to lower the climate control? Did that require any additional fabrication/cutting?

Please elaborate on the install.

Great job though! It looks really nice! :D

PS :shock: I don't see the crookedness that was mentioned in the previous posts. Was it installed crooked?

That's what I see Sportsfan21,

It looks like the bezel console angles inward towards the driver which was most likely GMs intent for a more ergonomic design. That along with the angle of the camera when the photo was taken, may have contributed to making the AVIC-Z1 appear to have been installed crooked.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the reply of 420greg to find out if it is in fact crooked and if so, perhaps it had to be installed a little off kilter due to possible tight tolerances which may have not been able to be avoided.

So say you 420greg, crooked or not? Either way, it's quite an achievement to get it to fit in the space that Chevrolet allowed you. Or should I say, didn't allow you :twisted:

Bravo

It's not crocked, The dash is angled toward the driver.

The is some cutting of some metal from behind the dash.

I just followed this guys thread and it went pretty smooth:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/ca ... 758.0.html

The only difference from the 02 bezel to the 03 bezel is the location of the plastic bar that seperates the climate controls from the HU opening. The install took less that 2 hours.

You guys are absolutely right. I can see now that it is angled a wee bit towards the driver. I think that is awesome. i dont play DVD's on my N3, and think it would be a huge convinience to have the screen angled a bit toward me while driving so I can glance at the Nav screen easier!

Like I said earlier, it definitely is a sweet install, 420greg!