AVIC411.com

Security Bypass and Z1 FAQ and Owners Manuals

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I took out my Z1 today for two reasons.

1. To install the mic since CC didn't do it for me the first time. Which, by the way, works great.

2. To look into doing this bypass myself.

So I took it out and looked around to get familiar with it all. I see the Connector 2 and where the wire should be inserted to (Lower right corner).

Now my problem is that I don't know where to get that yellow wire from that is shown in the picture. I know the write up says to use that mute wire but is it labled or should I just know where it is?

Also where to ground it. After I get it inserted into it's proper place, could I just ground it to one of the screws that holds my unit into the dash? Like place the wire between the screw and the frame?

As I previously mentioned, the boys at CC hooked me up with a switch that I can flip on and off for the brake. Does that mean that the brake is grounded at all times or just when the switch is activated to make the system think that it's on?
[quote name="rbyrnes619"]Ok, so I took out my Z1 today for two reasons.

1. To install the mic since CC didn't do it for me the first time. Which, by the way, works great.

2. To look into doing this bypass myself.

So I took it out and looked around to get familiar with it all. I see the Connector 2 and where the wire should be inserted to (Lower right corner).

Now my problem is that I don't know where to get that yellow wire from that is shown in the picture. I know the write up says to use that mute wire but is it labled or should I just know where it is?

Also where to ground it. After I get it inserted into it's proper place, could I just ground it to one of the screws that holds my unit into the dash? Like place the wire between the screw and the frame?

As I previously mentioned, the boys at CC hooked me up with a switch that I can flip on and off for the brake. Does that mean that the brake is grounded at all times or just when the switch is activated to make the system think that it's on?[/quote]

The mute wire is labeled mute something. It has a tag on it, and can be found on the wire harness. As long as you do not have a ground in your wiring harness you can use the mounting points of your car as a ground. The switch that cc hooked you up with only grounds the wire when it is on. It is not permanently grounded.
Is it safe to say that there isn't another ground in the harness? What would happen if there was one? The only thing that I know was done was the switch for the parking brake.

I'll take another look at it tomorrow, thanks for the help. Where can I get one of those Jewlers tools? I checked two stores today and I couldn't find anything.
  • 2 weeks later...
Krak73 pmed me so I thought I would post the responses just incase anyone else sees something that jogs their memory or can think of anything else.

Well there are a few things that would cause the flashing to stop working, I'll list what I can think of and you can check some things or tell me I'm way off or whatever.

When you say that you used the flashing technique, I'm assuming that you mean you manually flash your lights. Not that you bought one of my circuits to do it automatically. [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flasher.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flasher.html[/url]

1. You updated the Z1 with the pioneer bluetooth update CD. This changes the way the bypass is done. If you do this, flashing will never work again, you have to do this. [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass[/url]

2. Your timing is off, when you flash the lights it's not hitting the right timing. Double check you are doing it right: [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#manualflashing]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#manualflashing[/url]

3. The lights are no longer registering on the Z1. When you turn the lights on does the screen dim and show that the lights have turned on?

4. The parking brake is connected to something or some how grounding. That can screw up the flashing procedure. Sometimes when the parking brake is grounded, it will cause the flashing to fail and when you unground the parking brake it will no longer be bypassed. Is the parking brake sense wire not connected to anything or is it connected to the parking brake?

[quote name="krak73 "]yes the technique that i use is manually flash my lights everything was fine i did not do any updates just all of sudden the tehnique stop working i read your response and one thing that i could think off was that i did adjust the lights in the dashboard i went all the way up with the knob in my dashboard but after adjusting it a few times it still don't work so i'm lost well i think that the only thing i can do right now take it to the install center that did the install see if everything is ok but i just blows my mind what could go wrong like i said it worked fine for 2 months hey will see and one more time thank you very much for your help[/quote]

When you turn on the car, leave the lights off...

Then hit

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

Then turn the lights on and off and watch the Illumination line.

Does it change with the headlights? Do you turn the lights on and that goes from low to high or off to on or whatever the states are?

If that isn't registering correctly then flashing won't do anything.

If that does work, while you are in there, check the parking brake status and make sure it's off.

Make sure you don't see a pop up message about the parking brake when you start the car.

If you don't mind losing AM/FM presets, you can do a level one reset

Recessed button to the right of eject. You won't lose music or nav preferences or important stuff like that.

Then shut off the car and try the bypass.

There is some reason why it stopped working. I'm sure we can narrow down some possibility.

The one thing that I have seen which would just cause the old flashing bypass to stop working was the parking brake, either being on when you try to flash the headlights or it was on for a bit and then you started moving or whatever. The phrase he said where the parking brake is still connected, makes me think you used the parking brake when the unit was bypassed. This starts confusing the Z1, I would disconnect the parking brake sense wire from the parking brake if you are going to flash the lights.
Guys i got the thing fixed with Ducatiboy help its seems in my car 07 pilot when i got my lights in the dashboard all the way up the unit stop registering flashing the lights tehnique so i had to go down 2 turns and its all god ducatiboy thank you you the man
krak73, you are welcome. You know if you are still flashing your headlights manually, I would recommend one of my circuits. [url=http://www.sminntech.com]www.sminntech.com[/url] it will do it automatically for you and you won't have to do anything.