AVIC411.com

Battery died, now only am/fm radio has sound? Pls help

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out here..

My battery died last night, charged it overnight, still didn't have enough charge to start the car, dash was flickering when trying to start her up etc due too low/dead battery...

So, I put a new battery in today that my father had just charged up sitting in his backyard, and found that my sound only works on the Avic-Z1 on AM/FM radio... I went to buy a decent new battery with higher amperage, and now have that installed.

Normally, whatever screen I'm in, if I hit a button I get a normal bing sound, but now that only occurs when the radio is active. If I try to play a cd/dvd/ipod/music file on hdd it looks like it's playing, but the sound mutes? I can literally hear it mute in the middle of selecting the music source other than am/fm radio. Even hitting the buttons, I get no bing sound until I go back to radio... fortunately I do get sound from the radio, but nothing else..

Odd part is everything else seemed to be working, touch screen, gps, vehicle dynamics, voice command was ok etc.

Now, I thought a hard reset to factory settings would fix the oddity, but I guess I was wrong. Now that I did that my gps stopped working (says it isn't plugged in... it has worked fine for the last 2-3years, but not after reset) and the clock doesn't show the time now, lol... sigh... The time just displays a **:** :( I even wiped all my files off it to start fresh... and it's still acting funny, no change except all my data is now wiped...

If anyone has experienced this, or if you have any good suggestions to fix this, please offer your ideas? I'm all ears right now...

Also, could a hard reset on an aviz-z1 with a bypass, cause this? i.e. hitting the reset button plus holding down map for few seconds at bootup, reset/erase all files

I just ordered a new hdd with latest firmware update, I hope that fixes it.. I still would like to hear from people if they have any ideas on how to possibly resolve it, or if you think the hdd with update will resolve it...

Thanks in advance all,

This is a great forum!

Silly lesson to learn, fixed the sound issue by changing antenna from "radio" to "power" under settings...

Any thoughts on how to fix the time issue **:** and gps issue? Is our clock set by gps?

Gonna check the wiring tomorrow.. Thanks all :)

Clock is set by the gps. Check for gps signal strength, then troubleshoot the antenna/wire if none. When you did a reset, you also reset the learned motion calibration. You gps can work without the antenna (mostly) after it learns the speed pulse etc. Antenna could be bad, disconnected, or a break/kink in the cord. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I did the quick antenna setting and now my cd and dvd works but my ipod still isnt getting sound it shows the track is playing but no sound?

Check the cables between the iPod adapter and the head unit. The cable for audio has an in and out port and may be connected incorrectly if new install.

Check the cables between the iPod adapter and the head unit. The cable for audio has an in and out port and may be connected incorrectly if new install.

how do i know what one im supposed to plug it into.. the out or the in.. also are they labeled.. sorry i didnt do the install so i have to take it back to bestbuy and i want to tell what i know so they dont screw me over

how do i know what one im supposed to plug it into.. the out or the in.. also are they labeled.. sorry i didnt do the install so i have to take it back to bestbuy and i want to tell what i know so they dont screw me over

The cable and the port are color coded. Black to black and blue to blue. Very common problem.