AVIC411.com

File Corrupt - Background Images

Hey,

I've pretty much exhausted your threads for this topic but have not found a solution. I've created numerous images in photoshop as follows:

Size 1000x480

Saved as .JPG

I've burned my CD using Nero and added the necessary filler file etc., etc., When I load the CD it recognizes it and allows me to browse it, but only allows me to add one image and the rest come up 'corrupt'

I've used 7 different CD's and altered the files names and the file sizes just as many times with no success.

What am I missing ... anyone else experience this ?

Well, all the backgrounds I use are 500x240. But I think your problem is the settings in photoshop.

Just to be sure, I would take the images and make sure they are named in simple 8.3 format, no fancy characters.

Nero CD in ISO 9660 format with mode 1 and 8.3 file names.

But I think it has something to do with the settings of your jpg file.

You can go here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1backgrounds/

There is my PSD file with the backgrounds and some car logos in all sorts of layers.

Try doing a save for web and select jpg. It could be any of the settings, interlaced or not, color pallet or whatever. But you could go through my images, copy them to your drive and compare them to the ones you are making. I would bet it's a photo shop setting.

The solution was:

When you've finished creating your file in photoshop you MUST select

"Save for Web" rather than choosing "Save As"

Thanks for the advice/help

Cool, thanks for the info. I always saved mine with a save for web. I don't know what that changes, but all the images seemed to work for me. Glad you found it.