AVIC411.com

Firmware updating problem

I have a Z120BT and requested the update to firmware 2.03 from Pioneer. I received the SD card in the mail and attempted to update the system. When I place the card into the head unit, it starts playing three .wav files, but no updating occurs. What gives? I looked at the folder structure of the card and all files are in a folder names "Z110."

I have a Z120BT and requested the update to firmware 2.03 from Pioneer. I received the SD card in the mail and attempted to update the system. When I place the card into the head unit, it starts playing three .wav files, but no updating occurs. What gives? I looked at the folder structure of the card and all files are in a folder names "Z110."

Same problem but I have the 130. Have had it for about a week. Not really sure what the firmware update is all about but I figured I'd go ahead and do it but it isn't working for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded mine, put it on the root of the sd card like they said, played mp3s.

What does the directory tree look like for y'all?

edit:

renamed the folder from 110 to 120 and also placed the files outside the folder into the root, neither worked. I think this update is bs. Honestly starting to think I made a mistake with this unit.

Just to give an update

Formatted the card. It's a 1gb micro sd in a SD card adapter.

What i've tried.

AVIZ110 folder in the main root of the SD card, no other files

AVICZ110 files from the folder in the SD card root

AVICZ110.ZIP in the root of the SD Card

Named the SD card AVICZ110

None of these worked. This is really starting to piss me off.

Downloaded mine, put it on the root of the sd card like they said, played mp3s.

What does the directory tree look like for y'all?

edit:

renamed the folder from 110 to 120 and also placed the files outside the folder into the root, neither worked. I think this update is bs. Honestly starting to think I made a mistake with this unit.

In the root of the SD:

Folder \AVICZ110

Folder \AVICZ110\APL with lots of stuff inside

Folder \AVICZ110\BOOT with lots of stuff inside

Folder \AVICZ110\FONTS with lots of stuff inside

Folder \AVICZ110\PLATFORM with lots of stuff inside

Also in \AVICZ110 are a bunch of EUR090*HTM and VER files

That should be enough to verify everything is in the right place.

Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering a sd card from pioneer, it still won't update. It makes me think something is wrong.

Are you sure it isn't already the most recent version? From the update instructions:

1. Press the "HOME" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab; Ignore the version number on this screen.

3. Press and hold the top left corner of the “Service Information†screen;

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed --

please look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line; and

5. If the "Version" number is "2.002100" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new

firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.003000" or a later/larger number, the system

has already been updated with the new firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure it isn't already the most recent version? From the update instructions:

1. Press the "HOME" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. Press and hold the top left corner of the “Service Information†screen;

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed --

please look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line; and

5. If the "Version" number is "2.002100" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new

firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.003000" or a later/larger number, the system

has already been updated with the new firmware.

i have the Z130 and having the same update problem and i have looked and it is 3.000 which means it should update to 3.001. so either the unit is showing the wrong information or the SD card they sent is not working or there is a secret they are not telling us.

i have the Z130 and having the same update problem and i have looked and it is 3.000 which means it should update to 3.001. so either the unit is showing the wrong information or the SD card they sent is not working or there is a secret they are not telling us.

Same thing here.

Maik1

so what do we do now?

Well, for your Z130, sounds like a call to Pioneer support. Not having a Z130, I can't state that it works correctly. The thread was originally about updating a Z120 to 2.003. In that case, the Pioneer instructions are correct - many have done it. I suspect the two issues are not related.

Well, for your Z130, sounds like a call to Pioneer support. Not having a Z130, I can't state that it works correctly. The thread was originally about updating a Z120 to 2.003. In that case, the Pioneer instructions are correct - many have done it. I suspect the two issues are not related.

this thread says Firmware updating problem not Firmware updating problem only for Z120. it is under the Z110BT/Z120BT/Z130BT section. so i am not sure why i am supposed to only feel it is for the Z120 and i think it is related to the crappy way pioneer is doing things.