AVIC411.com

Fresh F90BT, where to begin?

How you guys doing? Just recently bought my F90BT off someone and waiting for it to be delivered in the mail. it doesnt have any software mods. I have been reading thru the forums for a few hours now and just not quite sure exactly where i need to begin.

I am trying to have everything prep'd so when the unit arrives i can just get it done in one shot. so now for the questions

Does the unit need to be "unlocked" to prepare for modifications?

I am merely interested in modding the GPS software.

was reading the thread about software with the iGo8. (http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=16137)

little confused about it. it looks similar to the GPS interface on the unit now, does this HU come with iGo8 and the thread i was reading was just to get other maps running? or is it a completely new GPS software that replaces the original one on the unit?

Is iGo8 in most ppls opinions better if its a replacement? or would i be better off tweaking the regular software with speedcam/redlight, replace red arrow with car image, Speed + Elevation signs, Trip Computer.

Trying to have a stable working daily use headunit thats not going to give me issues with the sound working one day and maybe not the next, or having to restart the HU in the middle of a trip. so whatever seems to be the overall best setup works for me.

So if someone could guide me with a little bit of details to the above i would highly appreciate it. as i said before ive been reading and as detailed as some of these walk-thrus are, i still have quite a bit of questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully answer my questions

thanks bud, i was actually looking at the second one you sent. seems pretty legit. If i dont like it, its possible to revert back to the OEM software/firmware?

They are both legit and both work very well. To revert back just make sure you make a copy of your original "myflashdisk" before you mod.