In the past there have been requests for a PayPal address for donations. Donations are not necessary but always appreciated. I am not going to lie though, they definitely help keep me motivated. This stuff takes a lot of time.
If you like my mods feel free to donate me a few beers as thanks. (thanks to all those that have offered and donated!).
There is now only one version for all users. If you have a Euro unit with TMC, a US unit with MSN or a unit with no traffic stuff, there is only one download. All sign types, etc are configurable now.
This must run on 3.0 version of the AVIC's. It will not work on 2.0 and if you are running 2.0 you should REALLY update to 3.X anyway since its significantly better.
These are most of the features that I added in from our work:
Original release 12/13/2010
- Unity Mode. Go into regional settings to set if you have MSN, TMC or neither.
- Speed signs are now selectable for euro or US.
- Signposts are now selectable for green or blue as well as small or large. All of the above work across all screens including split nav.
- New menu system. Menu is completely user configurable with all new images. If you want to change one item in the menu just long press one of the buttons. If you want to reconfigure the entire menu go into the settings. You can also long press the menu button on the nav screen to shortcut to the menu config.
- Return to office. Works like return to home feature. Labeled as such but it is a quick menu shortcut to execute the first favorite in the favorites list. Checks to make sure there is a favorite and prompts you to add one if not.
- Add favorite from history feature. Handy for when you want to add a past destination to favorites.
- Adding a favorite now goes directly to favorite add screen after entering address rather than the plan mode screen.
- Pioneer AV icon hide setting. Can also do a quick toggle by holding the elevation sign down. When AV icon is hidden the current street text space is expanded so it wont scroll or compress.
- Map changer added. Does not work in an emulator but works on the unit itself. If you use your own sys.txt make sure you grab the settings for it. Setting in regional sets MapChanger icon for AUS users that use Sensis maps. Included one Navteq CA map for testing purposes (that is why the download is so large).
- Gurjon AutoKarta, Fuel Calc and MaxSpeed added.
- Fuel calc is region sensitive depending on regional unit setting. (Gallons/liters - Miles/Km)
- Distance to turn meter also in the main nav screen.
- Speedcams now have details as to what they actually are.
- No route recalc with button in start menu with image on map screen if you want to turn off route recalculation.
- Run applications interface to add and delete custom applications to run on the AVIC.
- Default mute configurable with speedcams in sound options.
- Reverse route feature (accessible via quick menu)
- Added shortcut to set home screen to start a route home since usually the user is required to navigate out after setting it.
- Trip computer delay start fix.
- There was a problem with the return to office feature where it would use the last marked cursor position and not the favorite position.
- AV icon would show in route planning mode and other places off that screen
- Blue Signpost color change
- Blue signpost color would not stick. Fixed.
- Bluetooth and GPS indicator hide options and better spacing on map. Located in sings displayed on map which is now a scrollable menu.
- mapchanger threw an error when selecting an already active map
- map_nt folder was in the wrong place in original distro
- Error fixed in default mute
- Added option to have default navigation screen be a different screen when adding a route.
- On screen trip computer would not hide when bringing up quick menu
- Laneinfo options are now all at the bottom and are Large/Small rather than top/bottom. Default is now smaller newer style.
- The quick menu button in the bottom left position is now not able to be changed if trafficmode setting is enabled since it would revert to the traffic mode state when on.
- Some default button position changes.
- Illustrated street text variable would occasionally turn off. Fixed.
- Speedcam text is now map color sensitive so they show better.
- Fixed speedcam coming up in screens other than the map.
- Small speedcam font a tad bigger.
- Added secondary turn to split nav screen
- Split screen nav is now lane info arrow setting aware
- Auto installer. Now just extract the contents to an SD card and insert into the avic. Pick the unit you have and let it copy. For most cases no more sys.txt editing! Will preserve favorites and delete save files automatically.
- Clock and compass delete (Removing just one moves the other over and expands the room for the top text when in route and not in route)
- Add favorite from GPS and History did not work correctly. All fixed.
- Mute icon added to full screen cockpit mode.
- Speedcam text color change fixed. Was not working correctly
- Oregon time zone repair.
- Fixed your speed sign so it also goes to the split screen nav when in euro mode.
- Elevation sign correctly adds a speedcam to the current GPS location when pressed.
- Auto installer changes - Some clarification, sys.txt changes and added an option to install mods without copying a sys.txt. Use this if you are upgrading or are in a country where you need to make changes to the sys.txt to support certain language types.
- Added a long click option for the bluetooth icon that lets you access the phone settings to quickly get to the dialpad.
- Added an image.res file into my distribution to make it so that the AVIC settings look how I want. All cosmetic but adds some better buttons and images and makes things look nicer.
- Installer now checks for disk space before starting copy process. If there is not enough space it tells you how much you must free up.
- Install package is now half the size.
- Installer installs correct speedcam files for EU users. (if anyone has Canadian and Aussie speedcam files I can add those as well if you post the spud and spdb fles for me).
- POI search around cursor now works (lets you pick cursor position). Also added map quick zoom buttons.
- POI search now has direction icon for the direction of the POI's that are returned.
- Long press on compass now switches between day and night but leaves auto setting in tact.
- Speedo screen now actually useful. Center portion of speedo now goes away and the current speed text shrinks to the corner about 1/2 mile before turn to show the map and lane info. The speed text is also map color sensitive. The screen goes back to normal after the turn.
- Lots of code scrubbing to get old comments and removed lines out of the code.
3.4 Changes on 1/25/11
- Decreased Navigation voice prompts! This is in the english female TTS voice file. If you use another then this will not apply to you. On highways one prompt at 2 miles and another at ~500 feet. On city streets one at 1/2 mile and another at ~500ft. Less prompts for other situations too.
- Sys.txt corrections for TMC users.
- Hopefully the TMC link in the destination menu goes to the correct place. I dont have TMC so its hard to test!
- No nav ding option added to sys.txt. Checking to see if there is a way to add this to the UI. For now it needs to be set in sys.txt
- In certain cases the speedcam text would not change with the map color. Since there is a quick change button via the compass for day/night the system now looks for map color change and changes the speedcam text color on the fly.
- Fixed Dynamic volume toggle not working.
- Added screen off executable to menu so that you can make the screen actually off.
- Added in Saved Search Criteria link in POI search screen
- Fixed blacking out of sort by when searching around GPS location.
- Added in a #12 option to the installer so that you can install just a data.zip and nothing else.
- Fixed (hopefully) the avicon hide feature coming back on at odd times.
- Fixed bug that would make AV icon appear at odd times.
- Make a full backup of your flash disk. This is always good practice in case you want to revert back.
- Extract zip file to a blank SD card and insert into your AVIC.
- Power on AVIC and let it boot.
- Choose the region and model AVIC you have and let the installer copy the files.
- Reboot THEN remove SD card.
Once installed change the following regional settings in the user interface if you need to.
2. Quick Menu > Settings > Regional > Distance Units - Set your unit type of measurement if you want to use Miles or KM. This will also adjust things like the fuel calc.
3. If you are not in the US and want to use blue freeway signs go to Quick Menu > Settings > Visual > Navigation Options > Signs Displayed on Map > and click the wrench next to Show Freeway Signs. Select color.
4. If you want to use Euro speed limit signs and current speed go to Quick Menu > Settings > Visual > Navigation Options > Signs Displayed on Map > Sign Mode > Euro.
1. Quick Menu > Settings > Regional > Traffic Mode (Change to MSN, or TMC if you have either). Leave it off if no traffic feeds are used.
Other settings that I always turn on are:
2. Quick Menu > Settings > Warnings > Enable Speed Camera > Options > Change the "mobile" Alarm to off but leave it highlighted. It will then visually tell you about speed traps but without all the audible alerts. It will still tell you about red light cameras and such. Much less chatter though. Like this:
3. Quick Menu > Settings > Visual > Navigation Options > Navigation Screen Details > Illustrated Street Text. This has caused problems on some units but it never has on mine. Makes it so all of the text on freeways shows a nice interstate sign with the number rather than the text of the number.
1. Quick Menu > Settings > Warnings > Enable Speed Camera
After you have the unit running go into the regional settings to set your traffic type if you are using one.
Download: (links updated 10/28/2011)
Modified EZRider for high elevations:
If you often travel at a higher altitudes and would like to have the elevation in feet past 5280 feet (so it doesnt say 1.1mile) use this ezrider.exe (this also includes the traditional hack as well as license file for extra maps)