AVIC411.com

F90BT Update, Tweaks, and Maps

Wow, that does look much better. Looks like 3.0 might be worth it. It's just so hard to justify that extra money, having paid so much for the unit as it is. So there's NO way to get just the firmware update without having to pay for the maps?

Yes if you are running 1.X or 2.X firmware the upgrade will get you a new base CE Image, 3d map view, updated maps, updated POI database, lane indicators on the GPS, much improved screen tap resonse, some modifed default settings.

If you are already running a 3.X build you pretty much get a new base CE image, new maps and updated POI. The card also includes a Bluetooth Firmware update.

Are there ways to get the 4.0 or 3.0 software free yes, are they legal no.

The updates are cumulative if you get the 4.0 you get everything that is included in the 3.0.

Interesting point on the legality side of things.

We all know that when you buy an update you are paying for the license of new maps and the parrot bluetooth.

So why can't we update just the firmware and not feel guilty about doing anything illegal?

Interesting point on the legality side of things.

We all know that when you buy an update you are paying for the license of new maps and the parrot bluetooth.

So why can't we update just the firmware and not feel guilty about doing anything illegal?

Real good point there. Seriously. We are eligible for free firmware updates, and it's rather cheap that Pioneer isn't putting these firmware packages out on their own. It's a money grab to force people in buying the maps. Updating the firmware itself should be an option, and what many people have done and what I plan to do, shouldn't be considered illegal because installing the firmware is not pirating any sort of license.

I live in a part of england where most of the roads were probably built by the romans so i've never even considered buying a map update for any sat nav product i've owned.

I may have upgraded my firmware to V.3 without paying, but i don't have the newest firmware or the newest maps so i doubt pioneer even care. Surely if it's not a current product, it doesn't matter!

Let's face it, if they did care they would be doing something about this site!