AVIC411.com

Z120BT Bypass: Same Issue, Different Question

So, I installed my Z120BT and bypassed it using the method seen all over this forum as well as the videos shown by Sound Man Car Audio. As was/is the case with many others, for the first few days it worked flawlessly...and I loved it! But now I intermittently get the "Caution: The system detected improper wiring...blah blah blah" message. So here are my questions...

1. Anyone experience their bypass working intermittently? (It's random too; I haven't detected any pattern to it or any certain car startup procedure...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)

2. For those who previously posted who were in the same situation, I see the guidance from other members is to check and recheck your wiring...but can you chime back in here again and say if you were actually able to solve your problem and what it is you found worked for you? I searched a lot on this forum and mostly see people ask for help, but not always re-post saying the help worked and this is what they did, etc.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I did this over the weekend. It definitely sounds like you've got a loose wiring connection somewhere. To make sure all my connections were solid, I used a butt connector to connect the ground from the harness connected to my headunit to the ground from the harness connected to the car's wiring harness. I then used two scotch locks, one for the parking brake wire and one for the mute wire, to splice into the ground wire. Make sure all of these connections are solid. The only other thing to look at is the pin where you moved the mute wire over. Make sure it's securely inserted into the harness with room for movement if you wiggle it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the hack worked for about a 1 week this time with no glitch but again yesterday I've been getting the "message." I guess I'll be looking forward to pulling out the HU again...sigh...any new ideas anyone? How exactly do you have yours grounded? I have my 1. moved yellow mute wire, 2. Pioneer side ground wire, and 3. parking brake wire soldered to the 1. ground wire of the aftermarket harness. Thanks again everyone!

• 4 months later...

My mute wire came in the bypass location so I moved it one pin over. Bypass didn't work. The screen retention harness connected to the mute wire so I had to moved it back to the original location. Not sure how to by pass and I have read a number of threads from others. I tried a relay to ground the parking break, remote turn on & chaise ground together. Still didn't work. The video goes off when I go above 10mph but turns back on (still in drive) at a stop lights. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I think it might be the VSS...

post-58489-0-53980900-1325130230_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...