AVIC411.com

SD and USB Video to External Display

Is there a way to have videos on an SD card or USB drive display to an external monitor? I have a monitor mounted in the rear of the vehicle and want videos to display there. My DVD's currently display on the monitor, but not the SD or USB videos. In addition, my old AVIC-Z2 would display whatever was currently displayed on the head unit to the rear monitor, but the Z120BT does not. For example, if I switched from DVD to Navigation, the navigation screen would display on the Z2. The Z120BT will continue to display the DVD on the rear monitor even when switching to Navigation on the head unit. Thanks

Is there a way to have videos on an SD card or USB drive display to an external monitor? I have a monitor mounted in the rear of the vehicle and want videos to display there. My DVD's currently display on the monitor, but not the SD or USB videos. In addition, my old AVIC-Z2 would display whatever was currently displayed on the head unit to the rear monitor, but the Z120BT does not. For example, if I switched from DVD to Navigation, the navigation screen would display on the Z2. The Z120BT will continue to display the DVD on the rear monitor even when switching to Navigation on the head unit. Thanks

Fortunately, the Z120 can both mirror image on the dash to the rear monitor, or run separate sources beteen the front and rear. In the menu on the left side of the screen, there is an icon that represents the video source for the rear. When you touch it, you can cycle through the sources; I believe your choices are "iPod", "Disc", "AV1", "AV2", and "Mirror AV". Unfortunately, in "Mirror AV", Disc video is allowed to be viewed on the rear monitors but SD/USB vidoe is restricted.

• 3 months later...