AVIC411.com

ND-TMC10 WORKS with x920 BT (Confirmed)

I just installed my CNSD-210FM 2011 map and GUI update on my Avic X920BT and it recognized my ND-TMC10 traffic tuner and I can see traffic data now so this is confirmed. I'll post if I see any issues. FYI the map update also comes with Bluetooth firmware 3.22 which is installed separately from the map/ GUI update.

The install requires you to enter your device ID from your service info page along with the enclosed media key (ala windows activation) and returns a password (hex) to activate the installer on the radio.

-Keith

Thats great to know! Did you install the upgrade first before installing the traffic tuner? I'm waiting for my map/gui upgrade to come in from pioneer but I already have the traffic tuner that I purchased before just sitting here. Can I install the traffic tuner and then run the map upgrade when it comes in or should I just wait?

Thats great to know! Did you install the upgrade first before installing the traffic tuner? I'm waiting for my map/gui upgrade to come in from pioneer but I already have the traffic tuner that I purchased before just sitting here. Can I install the traffic tuner and then run the map upgrade when it comes in or should I just wait?

Strange, I replied but it didn't show up.. I did install my tuner prior to installing the upgrade, however doing so confuses the unit and pops up a message every few minutes telling you to restart the system "due to a tuner error". It's extremely annoying, I would wait till you install the upgrade unless you want to push "OK" every 2 minutes.

Aha radio doesn't work for me, though it's possible that's because I'm on the IOS 5 beta. I guess we'll see what other people report.

-Keith

post-21991-0-35727000-1313466643_thumb.jpg

I just installed the CNSD-210FM map and GUI update on my X920BT. I don't have the traffic tuner so I can't comment on that, but Aha Radio does work on mine via cable connection with my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.5. I did the BT firmware update also; so far I don't notice anything different with the new 3.22 BT firmware versus 3.11 that I was running.

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a problem with my x920bt. I currently do not show a bluetooth firmware revision when I pull up the settings page. I hate to purchase the CNSD-210FM upgrade just for the bluetooth firmware update and I really don't want to purchase if it won't serve to 're-install' what appears to be a missing or corrupt firmware on my deck. I've posted elsewhere about this issue, but was hoping I caught someone else afflicted with the missing firmware version who bought the upgrade and can confirm it reloads working bluetooth firmware.

Just to round out the info, I am unable to pair my phone with my deck and all of the bluetooth settings options normally available are all greyed out.

Have you tried a hard reset of the unit? If BT still doesn't work after that, that points to a problem with the unit itself and I don't see how purchasing/installing the upgrade will cause it to work. Hopefully it's still under warranty and you can send it back to Pioneer for repair (or a new one).

Not sure I know about a 'hard reset'. I've reset all factory settings from the deck while on...I've also disconnected the battery to the unit. I've looked for some sort of reset button on the unit but was unable to find one. The problem began appearing a few months ago while the unit was still in warranty, but it was intermittent. The BT issue became a permanent one almost the day after 1 year warranty.

Thanks for the quick response.

X920 doesn't have a reset button on it - I should have said to "restore factory settings": Go to System Settings--->Restore Factory Settings--->Yes. After doing that and disconnecting the battery cable (which you've already tried), if everything but BT works I don't see how it can be anything but a failed BT chip in your unit.

X920 doesn't have a reset button on it - I should have said to "restore factory settings": Go to System Settings--->Restore Factory Settings--->Yes. After doing that and disconnecting the battery cable (which you've already tried), if everything but BT works I don't see how it can be anything but a failed BT chip in your unit.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think my only recourse at this point is to send the unit back. Even though this problem surfaced while the unit was still in warranty. By the time the problem morphed into a permanent failed state (rather than just intermittent) and I went through the troubleshooting process instead of just ripping the deck out and fedexing it to CA, I've allowed the warranty to expire. I'm really torn about this. I spent quite a lot on this equipment just over a year ago. I'm interested in if other users have sent in for a failed BT chip and what the repair costs ended up being. Part of me is thinking chasing this to repair ($150-$200?) is kind of moot when for $300, I can get the new app radio unit with even more iphone integration. I'm a little disgusted I'm even entertaining handing Pioneer more money, but scrapping this brand would mean replacing the pioneer xm tuner also.

Not sure if this is related to the hurricane we had or if it's indicative of the problems pioneer said I "might have" using the new traffic tuner on the x920bt but as of Wednesday I've had no traffic data on my unit. I'm located in Suffolk on long island and WALK 97.5 is my TMC provider. It detects 97.5 but says "No Data" when looking at the traffic event list and flow screens with the exception of 5 minutes today. Anyone else here from the area seeing traffic info from 97.5 today?