AVIC411.com

Z110BT USA Upgrade with CSND-210FM (2011)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tuner will not recognise the sd card to update from 2.0 to 2.03 or 2.04. I have used different cards, format them all, done the eu ones too. the 2.0-2.03 update from the eu actually installed and rebooted but the tuner says 2.0 is still installed. I have bt 3.11 in. No matter what I try it doesn't see the sd card as data just music.

My tuner will not recognise the sd card to update from 2.0 to 2.03 or 2.04. I have used different cards, format them all, done the eu ones too. the 2.0-2.03 update from the eu actually installed and rebooted but the tuner says 2.0 is still installed. I have bt 3.11 in. No matter what I try it doesn't see the sd card as data just music.

Sounds like you are already at 2.003 (or 2.004). Are you sure you are looking at the correct version number? You need to follow the procedure in the instructions to see the hidden screen. You need to look for App Version.

Try installing 2.004 one more time. Then go ahead and try installing CNSD-210BT. No harm if it doesn't work. If you get past the password check, you're gold!

Sounds like you are already at 2.003 (or 2.004). Are you sure you are looking at the correct version number? You need to follow the procedure in the instructions to see the hidden screen. You need to look for App Version.

Try installing 2.004 one more time. Then go ahead and try installing CNSD-210BT. No harm if it doesn't work. If you get past the password check, you're gold!

Hidden screen and App version? I never ran across that mention.Maybe it did get to 2.004 and I just looked at the wrong place. I have tried it a few times but not CNSD-210BT will give it a shot.

Well I tried it a couple of times and CNSD210 SD1 doesn't get recognized,. I even tried SD2 for chits and giggles. Nothing happened. So how do I correctly look for what version I am running?

I'm on version 1.0000 and I don't want to upgrade to the UI used in z120bt - - I like the simple view without the clutter. I have the CSND-210FM files but it's requesting a password. How can I bypass this pwd request? BTW... I pulled the file from here (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6696707/PIONEER_AVIC_CNSD-210FM_US_CAN_UPDATE) but the password they suggest doesn't work.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'm on version 1.0000 and I don't want to upgrade to the UI used in z120bt - - I like the simple view without the clutter. I have the CSND-210FM files but it's requesting a password. How can I bypass this pwd request? BTW... I pulled the file from here (http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE) but the password they suggest doesn't work.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

It's all or nothing. You can't pick which parts of the upgrade you want or don't want.

You need to get the Pioneer update 1.001 and patch it with files from the Shortfuse hack. Copy the modified update to SD and install. This puts you at 1.003.

Now install SD1 of CNSD-210FM - the one you couldn't install b4.

Enter "PASSWORDPASSWORD" when prompted.

Then update your BT firmware twice: 1st with SD1, then SD2.

For more detailed instructions, read this thread.

I upgraded mine that had software ver 2.0 and it worked great. I tried installing it on my friends Z110 with software 1.0 and it didn't work. I download firmware 1.001 and copied over the shortfuse hack but the update does not start. Does the hack not work on ver 1 software?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I also want to thank Shortfuse for making this workaround. I downloaded the update and seeding it.

I have the Z110 and updating to the 130. I accually purchased the 120 update mid '11. so this is nice not having to spend the $120.

Copying the files to the SD card as I type. I have a pretty good connection here. someone is currently uploading at 6mbps. thats a pretty good upload speed for cable.

Thanks again Shortfuse!!!

You must make a mint coding......... 8)