AVIC411.com

AVIC X910bt bypass stops working above 10-15 MPH

First off, sorry if this is a repeat thread. I found one that was about the same problem, but the whole thread was an argument about caps lock so I thought I would try my own. Anyway here is my problem. I did the wire bypass by moving the mute wire and attaching that to the green parking brake wire then attaching both to the main ground. The bypass works until I get above 10-15 MPH. Then I get the improper parking brake connection message and loose the options that the bypass is supposed to enable. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the GPS sensing that the vehicle is moving, but I could be completely wrong here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yup, it was the mute wire connection at the harness. I didn't notice the first time, but you can actually see the contact point just above the tab you had to pry up to get it out. if you don't see metal where the mute wire goes in in its new location, I am betting that's the problem. That was what was wrong with mine. So all I did was pry up on the tab and the mute wire slid into its new home. Test drove it on the interstate for a short bit but no error message and I had access to all of the settings. I didn't test the video but I would almost guarantee that it will work now.

I didn't test the video but I would almost guarantee that it will work now.

dont worry, it will.

there are two reasons that the bypass wont work,

if while parked, video will not show up, then your P-brake wire didn't get grounded correctly

if your video stops after a certain speed, and/or you are getting a "incorrect connection of parking brake" message, the mute wire didn't get grounded correctly

• 2 weeks later...

It eliminates all lockouts.

Ok cool thanks

something els im wondering not sure if i should post it in this thread or another one

the mute wire that needs to be repined in another spot and the others that need to be grounded togethere do i have to do any splicing and connecting on the GMOS-06 interface that i have to get for my car to allow me to have the aftermarket unit or is it all just plug and play and the only splicing or grounding all has to do with the wires and harness that comes with the unit itself ?

Ok cool thanks

so don't touch the GMOS06 just plug it in like normal don't touch the Parking break wire on the gmost

just move the mute wire pin down one on the rca harness

and then ground the mute wire from the rca harness to the ground black wire and the green p-b wire on the power harness

and thats it so don't hook up the p-b at all just ground it with the mute wire ok awesome thanks