AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Update..

12 friggen pages!

the update that is known as the bluetooth update addresses a few things

1. the echo complaints that the prev. version had, now things are a little better to alot better for most people

2. seems like some button navigation screens, namely the ipod interface seems to be slightly quicker.

3. the bypass procedure is now uniform across all version irregardless of manufacture date once bluetooth update has been installed.

4. reports of some sort of dimming feature altered, good or bad, dont know, just different.

5. apparently now, theres a random or what seems to be random picture installed of a girl. what this is, who knows.

I agree with tillithz, that many pages is a bit for someone to just go read and understand what's going on.

12 friggen pages!

the update that is known as the bluetooth update addresses a few things

1. the echo complaints that the prev. version had, now things are a little better to alot better for most people

2. seems like some button navigation screens, namely the ipod interface seems to be slightly quicker.

3. the bypass procedure is now uniform across all version irregardless of manufacture date once bluetooth update has been installed.

Exactly what he said

4. reports of some sort of dimming feature altered, good or bad, dont know, just different.

This seems to be reported by a couple people (me included). What this is... on the AV screens when the lights are on, you can adjust the "brightness". Well after the update, you can still do this and it does adjust the brightness of the backlight but the very lowest setting for the brightness seems to "tweak" the color scheme to make it easier on the eyes in the dark. So it seems to get "darker" than before the update. It's good I think, unless you have trouble seeing. If so, you hit the brightness up one notch and it goes back to the dimmest setting it used to be before the update. So there is nothing "dangerous" with this update. It seems to just give you one more "dim" setting lower than you used to have.

Maybe I can explain it another way. Before the update you have, lets say, 10 brightness levels when the lights are off and when the headlights are on.

Most people set the Z1 to be a dimmer setting when the headlights are on then when they are off. A stock pre-july Avic Z1 gives you settings:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (in this example 1 is the dimmest and 10 being the brightest, and this is all just changing the illumination level of the backlight).

The update seems to give you a setting lower than 1, lets call it 0 so now you have:

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

Where 1-10 are the same as they used to be, but 0 the light level of the backlight is not any different but the color scheme seems to "invert" like the map does when the lights are on to give you an even "dimmer looking" screen.

5. apparently now, theres a random or what seems to be random picture installed of a girl. what this is, who knows.

This picture of this girl:

HITO1.JPG

Is on a stock Avic Z1 before the update and after it as well. Most people won't even notice... but I noticed because this is the particular file which had a problem on the CD I burned and caused the update to fail when it went to update this image on my Z1 with the one on the disk (both look the same by the way). In the same directory there are also a bunch of wave files with what sounds like Japanese girls ohhing and ahhing. These files are on a stock Avic Z1 no matter when they are made. And they are updated with the bluetooth update CD. What these are there for and why they are included in the update, who knows.

i think the real question should be, where can i get a phone like that with a such a huge cable going to the hand piece?

That is a pretty SWEET phone. And the girl looks pretty cute as well.... where can I get her?

You want a real treat, if you have an unlocked Z1 drive, go to that directory and listen to the wav files in there. Or you can check the bluetooth update image and look for the image name and see if there are wav files in there too. Pretty funny to listen too. But turn down the speakers, the gain on those files is super loud.