AVIC411.com

Z130BT Traffic Tuner Issues

Hello,

I got Avic Z130 BT installed in my car but I noticed that I do not get any traffic updates or HD radio in my area. I am not sure if I have HD radio in my area but I am pretty sure that I have traffic updates in my area as per the below. But whenever I go to Traffic icon , it says no available providers. I am not sure if this is an installation issue. Please help.

http://totaltraffic.com/CoverageAreas/CoverageMap.aspx?MarketUid=bf2d6a2c-61c1-4932-ad65-b4441ed564ef

I am also not sure if Z130BT DAB radio compatible. I know that some stations near me broadcast in DAB.

Thanks in advance

whyll the topic is on here i was wondering

i thought i read somewhere on pioneer website starting the end of this year or begining of next year the traffic tunner would not work anymore or something like that

That's the old MSN based traffic tuner. It is not even supported on a Z130. It has nothing to do with the new RDS based traffic system.

The traffic data for this is fed by Clear Channel FM stations in the US and it is free for Pioneer tuners. I don't know how it works in Canada. In some parts of the world it is subscription based. But Pioneer support should already know this.

For benefit of others, if you face the same issue as mine then please verify the below.

• Press the “HOME” key

• Select the “Settings” tab

• Select “System Settings”

• Select “Service Information”

• Press and hold the upper left corner of the “Service Information” screen for a few seconds

• The "Platform Version" number and the "Application Version" number will be displayed --please look at

the "CAN " number, which is displayed at the bottom of the screen

If this is dashes, then it means one of 2 things. 1) Installation was not done correctly 2) the tuner is defective.

CAN shows the version of traffic tuner. If this is blank means that the unit is not detecting traffic tuner.

Is this documented anywhere in the installation instructions or in a link somewhere. I'd like to show my installer.

I have all -------- at the CAN number. Tthey've had the unit out a couple of times sorting out a few things, now my AM and FM reception is spotty and no RDS provider is shown on the Traffic Tuner. I know for sure that the it used to show the RDS provider. I think something came loose or the didn't hook it back up right.

For benefit of others, if you face the same issue as mine then please verify the below.

• Press the “HOME” key

• Select the “Settings” tab

• Select “System Settings”

• Select “Service Information”

• Press and hold the upper left corner of the “Service Information” screen for a few seconds

• The "Platform Version" number and the "Application Version" number will be displayed --please look at

the "CAN " number, which is displayed at the bottom of the screen

If this is dashes, then it means one of 2 things. 1) Installation was not done correctly 2) the tuner is defective.

CAN shows the version of traffic tuner. If this is blank means that the unit is not detecting traffic tuner.

I got this info from the Pioneer Support center when I talked to them over phone. So, this is not documented anywhere else. Like I said, CAN refers to the version number of the tuner. If that is not detected, it means that the traffic tuner is not hooked up correctly or the traffic tuner is defective.

I got this info from the Pioneer Support center when I talked to them over phone. So, this is not documented anywhere else. Like I said, CAN refers to the version number of the tuner. If that is not detected, it means that the traffic tuner is not hooked up correctly or the traffic tuner is defective.

OK, thanks. I appreciate the info.

• 4 months later...