AVIC411.com

x930bt no sound from iPod?

I recently installed a x930BT in my 09 STI and threw in a bunch of options (XM, Traffic, back-up camera, and ipod). Everything is working great but the ipod. I bought the special cable and I know it's authentic (purchased from amazon and came in pioneer packaging); however, no sound is played when my iPod is plugged in. I have full control of the ipod and features and it shows it playing on the screen but there's no sound. What should I try next?

• 3 months later...

I noticed that you have had no replies to your problem and this post is not going to help, but I have exactly the same problem. Just pulled out an F90BT and replaced it with the X930BT and everything is working properly except for the iPod. All screen indications are correct, music is shown as playing but no sound. The output cable from the iPod is connected to the red and white "Audio Input" cables for the x930, just as they were for the F90BT. Have tried multiple iPods and behaviour remains the same. The adapter cable in use was working fine with the F90BT so I doubt it went bad simply from being unplugged and plugged in again. Anyone with any thoughts on this?

A bit of follow-up here. Took the vehicle to 2 different reputable installers today and they were nice enough to take the time to do some troubleshooting. Both came to the same conclusion: defective X930BT...send it back to Pioneer! Looks like I'll soon be able to report on the warranty repair process from Pioneer. Not looking forward to this :neutral: I guess I will just re-install the F90BT that I took out.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of follow-up here. Took the vehicle to 2 different reputable installers today and they were nice enough to take the time to do some troubleshooting. Both came to the same conclusion: defective X930BT...send it back to Pioneer! Looks like I'll soon be able to report on the warranty repair process from Pioneer. Not looking forward to this :neutral: I guess I will just re-install the F90BT that I took out.

The problem is now solved!

I removed the X930BT and shipped it back to Pioneer to be checked out. I re-installed the previous F90BT while the X930BT was gone and verified that everything worked properly, including the iPod. The X930BT which went to Pioneer came back in one week, same unit that I had sent to them, not a replacement and the paperwork did not indicate that any repairs had been made. Put the X930BT back in and had the same "no sound from iPod" problem so just headed for a shop that I know does Pioneer installations. After looking at the symptoms and checking the wiring for a few minutes they let me know that I had the wrong iPod cable for the X930BT. They put in a PIO/USB-51V Pioneer iPod cable and the iPod was fully functional, sound and all. Apparently, the previous F90BT cable, though it plugs into all the seemingly right connectors, simply is wrong for the X930BT. Lesson learned.