AVIC411.com

igo Primo on AVIC-U220/F220

I've been able to get igo8 working on my AVIC-U220 add-on for my P3300BT with no problems using testmode.

Now regarding Primo, I've had no luck. I've tried two versions with no success:

1. Primo 1.2 loads, I select language, then it quits to desktop.
  2. Primo 1.1 does not seem to load at all, but the desktop gets really slow as if Primo is stilling running in the background, or some unkilled process is still running.

Has anyone gotten Primo running on the U/F220? The specs of the U/F220 don't seem to be a problem.

There may be problems with your sys.txt. If it is calling for drivers (phone, rawdisplay) which are incompatible it will crash Primo. Use as few lines in the sys.txt as possible to start. It could also be a memory problem, in which case you would need add the following to the sys.txt which will allow it to run with a low memory requirement:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been able to get igo8 working on my AVIC-U220 add-on for my P3300BT with no problems using testmode.

2. Primo 1.1 does not seem to load at all, but the desktop gets really slow as if Primo is stilling running in the background, or some unkilled process is still running.

Has anyone gotten Primo running on the U/F220? The specs of the U/F220 don't seem to be a problem.

Hello bigbangtech,

I'm a pretty new user, i have the avic-u220 unit installed in my car and i need your help plz in telling me how to hack it up for getting the egyptian maps to work in it or anybody else who may know the answer. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Care to share your secret? I have been trying to get it run run for a week or so now......

I tried several things to get primo to run on u310 (similar to u220) but had no luck. only igo8.3 would run.. There is a newer 2.0 version of primo which I have not tested.

I have got ig08.3 runnign in test mode, the only thinng i am lacking is getting the resolution correct for a avh4300.

One thing I'm not clear on is can I copy the igo folder to the my flsh disk location so that it can run without testmode?

do you have "apps" on your u/f220? I found a way to get custom apps and igo to run in app-mode on u/f310, 320, and maybe on 220...

http://avic411.com/i...post__p__241313

but you will need to run it off of sd card, unless you want to permanently replace all your maps in the "My Flash Disk2" - which i highly recommend against, as it's not a 100% solution to run igo alone...You can just stick in a 2gb or greater sd card and leave it there...

• 1 year later...

if someone want it

you can do this: 

download testmode from here: http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/66494890/file.html  or here:  http://www.share-online.biz/dl/OTO5X31NAD

here is the garminmobilext fully working

download: part1 http://www.share-online.biz/dl/MTSH9I2NK6Z4

or here: part1

so guys our unit runs also with 64gb and 128gb sdcards here's a vid:

• 2 months later...