AVIC411.com

I guess Pioneer has completely abandoned all 920 owners?

My 920 is barely 14 months old. The VR never really worked - Google 411 is toast, the maps are inaccurate, and Microsoft support is six weeks from vanishing (lucky I didn't pay money for the antenna)

Where is Pioneer with regards to updating and fixing software issues on a software-driven device?

Even Apple updates the OS a few times before redesigning their laptops.

I saw a 930, big yawn there. A volume knob. ooooo.

At least give us 920 owners the 930 software (if it fixes some of the software blunders).

Seriously Pioneer reps - and you know who you are - do you EVER talk to the head office about what a bug-ridden, software deficient system the 920 is? I've done my part, sending several complaints by phone and email. Fat lot of nothing that achieved.

How can you, with any morals, promote new products while existing ones are left to die a premature death in paying customers cars?

If you spent your time fixing existing units instead of having your reps smile on Youtube, you'd go a long way towards turning current owners into future supporters. As it stands now, I'd NEVER buy another Pioneer product, FROM ANY DEPARTMENT, again.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only the 920 owners...but all owners in general. I am on my second AVIC...went from a D1 to the X910BT. I figured it would be a decent upgrade, but the quality of these units has gone to the dogs. Slow boot times, buggy UI, crap customer service...every few months I need to do a reset on the unit because it randomly tries to take me "home" when there are no destinations programmed. I have logged support tickets, asked for them to be escalated as required to get the issues resolved...NOTHING! Pioneer North American Support...learn to speak English, learn about your products and get some customer service skill. Honestly! I will never buy another pioneer GPS again.

I feel the same way! I've sent my unit back for service several times, it was supposedly replaced with another unit and its still not right!

I'm pretty sure Pioneer has lost me and my extended family and friends as future customers. I used to be an advocate of the brand and now I have nothing positive to say about them. I cant recommend them to anyone and feel good about it.

Pioneer....sorry you've done it to yourself!

if you expect a bug free device with constant fixes and updates, they your barking up the wrong tree, the problem list has skyrocketed since the f900. and they really haven't done too much to fix all of the problem. you would really be crazy to expect more after seeing three more generations of the same glitches.

I understand all electronics encounter some problem but you as the manufacturer are responsible for fixing those problems. I just want what I paid for. I just spend my hard earned money somewhere else from here on out. We really dont have to accept subpar quality!

no you shouldn't have to, but they (pioneer) have been having a lot of glitches with the past few models with little support. so one would have to expect similar circumstances from them with newer models. you should be glad though, your newer model doesnt have half the problems that the F series has had.

i also missed the part in the manual where they said they would be responsible for fixing all of their issues. they usually do come out with updates to fix major issues, but you are usually pretty much screwed with the little ones.