AVIC411.com

Might get a z130 and have a few questions

Hi everybody.

I have a Z130 BT. I use it on Brazil, so GPS does not work here, since there is no brazilian maps.

With the new feature "advance app mode", i believe is possible to use some gps app on my iphone, and see on unit screen. But... i need to upgrade from z130 to z140. So, two questions:

1 - is it possible upgrade from z130bt to z140bh?

2 - what upgrade (CNSD-110FM and CNSD-210FM or other) do i have to buy to do this?

3 - on european Pioneer's website, i found out a firmware 4.0 from Z140.. is it possible to use it to upgrade Z130bt ?

Sorry for any fool question

thanks in advance!

I think your idea of using you iPhone in Advanced Appmode will work. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone, so I can't say for sure. And it may only support some iPhone apps - not every one. Here are some that will probably work http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/page/products/advanced-app-mode/apps.html

BTW. I think any iPhone app compatible with the Pioneer AppRadio will work with the Z140BH/F40BT.

As far as whether to install the EU or US version of the upgrade (CNSD-310FM), I wonder which is closed to the standards you have in Brazil. For example - the FM frequencies in the US are different than in EU - all stations end in an odd number after the decimal (like 97.1, 97.3, etc).

Stay away from HackMode, it is dangerous. You need TestMode to install the hacked files - but almost everything you need is here -> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35267-renewaliflib-auto-replacer-v12