AVIC411.com

X910BT - Sound cuts out - RCA front and rear outputs

I have an issue with my X910BT where the sound will cut out somewhat randomly. I have audio running from the RCA front and rear outputs to my factory amps. I first thought my factory amps were going bad so I bought a line output converter to test and the sound is stable (doesn't cut out) when ran through the LOC but the quality is pretty poor. I next thought that it might be the RCA output harness that had a wire going bad but I also replaced that and it's still cutting out randomly. I've checked all of my wiring and it's definitely good. Has anyone else experiencing a problem like this? It is almost as if the soldering is coming loose on the connectors where the harness plugs in as if I move the wires around a bit on the RCA harness, sound will come back. Same type of thing happens if I hit a bump.

I've done some reflowing of solder previously but I am not sure I want to try to take apart my unit to try to solve the problem as I have no clue what they are like internally. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

• 2 weeks later...

well it totally depends on where the problem actually lies, if you can make it cut out by wiggling the harness, then it is probably a bad/lose connection where the connector meets the circuit board, this is where the solder job would need to be done if this is the case. could also just send it to pioneer to have them repair it if it sounds like too much for you to do, but it doesn't come at a cheap price unless it is still under warranty (if it is still covered, there is no way i would try to fix it myself, way too much stuff to go wrong)

well it totally depends on where the problem actually lies, if you can make it cut out by wiggling the harness, then it is probably a bad/lose connection where the connector meets the circuit board, this is where the solder job would need to be done if this is the case. could also just send it to pioneer to have them repair it if it sounds like too much for you to do, but it doesn't come at a cheap price unless it is still under warranty (if it is still covered, there is no way i would try to fix it myself, way too much stuff to go wrong)

Thanks. Yeah, that's pretty much where I've narrowed the problem down to. I've pretty much double checked and re-wired everything else from scratch. I was afraid that it might be some loose solder on the circuit board. I've done some soldering but I'm more worried about the disassembly. I'm definitely out of warranty so I might just have to go with a 3rd party repair service and see if I have any luck there. Thanks.