AVIC411.com

Z1 dimmer not working with 08 ford Taurus

The strange thing is there are two dimmer wires on my aftermarket wiring harness, orange/blk and orange/white. Is there another place where I can connect the z1's dimmer wire.

On another note, apparently the 08 Taurus has no speed pulse wire thingy, I'm new to this, is this necessary to be connected, if so what options do I have??

Neither one of the dimmer wires supply 12v when the lights are on? If not, any circuit that gets power when the lights are on will work.

Every modern car has a speed pulse, it's just that some are easier to get to than others, sometimes you have to go all the way to the ECU. The Mustang speed pulse is at the ECU for example.

Speed pulse isn't needed if you always have good gps signal, don't drive in tunnels, etc.

Update frequency of the display will be much higher with speedpulse (Vss) connected, system will also react more timely to turnoffs etc, and work beter in city canyons (in between high buildings), where GPS reception is problematic....