AVIC411.com

Fuel tracking and estimator stopped keeping track of miles

Ok so im not sure whats going on if ithere is something in the settings to fix this

but the feture that you can use to enter your gas pump and prices paid that calculates the amount of fuel with the miels driven to give you a estimate MPG

well it always for the past 3 months of ownership stored the miles when i would reset it and then drive say 300 miles and pump up again it would know that i drove 300 miles

now every time i go into that feature to enter the gas pumped and fuel price the

miles driven since last fill up do not show up i have to enter them manualy

any help with what is going on and how to fix this

greatly apreciated thank you

I'd suggest going to the gas mileage screen and setting everything over as if new and then exporting. Hopefully that will reset things and it will start counting mileage after another gas calucation entry.

thanks i thought i tried that already but i will try again and see if that helps

i just am confused why it would stop working

i really am trying to avoid having to reset the entire unit to facotry just to find out

went to fuel up totday and still nothing not working to keep my miles driven sicne last fill up

i check to make sure that the 3d section that keeps info and tell you your current speed and other things was also keeping track of miles and that was working fine

i exported again tried again to reset did not work

i then reset the unit from the settings but when i reset it it only reset the factory options it did not reset or erased anything int he navi part like history or favorits is this normal for that to happen ?

im wondering if i did not do a reset properly and is there another way to restor to factory that i can try and then if that doesn't work ill call pioneer and ask them

finaly got it working again today

called Pioneer first they said check the SD card make sure it was not full

don't understand what that would have done

but still checked it it was fine formated with a new Fat 32 still didn't work

reset factory settings still didn't work

checked VSS wire not only did it not fix the problem but i must have knocked it loose because now it wouldn't even keep track of where i was moving

so then took the dash pad off the dash again got under the cluster to the wire fixed that got it working again

still would not keep track of fuel

distance driven under fuel log

so then i asked them how do i reset the entire system clear all the memory from it like it was brand new out of the box

agent on phone said turn off the unit car restarted car push in the mod button and the left erow button at some time when the splash screen come up then it gave me option to clear user and reset settings so i picked reset did it that way and now its working again

wow that was alot

but atleast now if this happens to anyone els then hopeing they do a forum search and find this and figure out the right way to do it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I emailed Pioneer about this exact issue a while back and was told that it did not track the miles driven, you have to manually enter them. As if I had imagined it! Thanks for finding the fix and confirming I am not crazy. Now I just have to get my unit working again.