AVIC411.com

z130bt bypass not working, unit is saying improper ground. what did i do incorrectly? also ilumination issue

i installed my z130bt last night in an 11 wrx. everything works except for 2 things.

1. bypass. i moved the mute wire up 1 to the correct position and then wired that to the green VSS wire and the ground black wire from the pioneer harness. then from there the subaru harness is attached and the rest of the wire has an open hook that is attached to the left side of the stereo chasis.

what did i wrong?

2. illumination. i wired the orange/white stripe to the orange wire, when i switch the headlights on and off the unit does not dim or brighten. but the screen that shows the Illumination button goes from showing "off" or "on" when i switch the lights on and off.

am i missing a setting on the unit itself? it appears to be wired correctly.

thanks in advance!

1. VSS? I hope you meant PB. Yes, its the light green wire. Your problem's gotta be one of these: either the moved Mute wire pin is not fully seated in connector or not properly grounded. If you can, run a separate ground, instead of using the Subaru factory harness.

2. I don't know what orange wire you mean. Must be specific to your vehicle. If it is instrument lights, it may have a dimmer switch that affects the AVIC sensor. Try adjusting the dimmer. Thats why I use a side-marker light circuit. Also, make sure that Map Settings/Day Night Display is set to Automatic. Pg 161.