AVIC411.com

Maximum Number of Songs in Folder?

They do make 160GB iPods you know.

I know, I bought my dad one from his father's day present last year. However, if I'm going to be spending money, I want all those other iOS dependent features my radio offers I can't use. Like Pandora Interface & Music Sphere.

The new x940bt has Android support. Are you talking something different like actually running an Android OS for the radio?

Yes, the new Clarion will run an Android OS. It's an idea I said should have been done nearly two years ago.. If I was rich, I'd have one on the market already... I believe in the possibilities that much. Honestly, I dont believe Clarion pushes the envelope enough with it, but hopefully the first wont be the last. My idea was to have a built in GSM 4G radio. That way, your navigation could be Google Maps. Instead of simply saying you've reached your destination, it shows a photo of your destination like my phone does. You can use other mapping software like Waze. It would have a WiFi radio and like your Android phone, it would supply WiFi access to the entire vehicle. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Here's a link to see the new radio: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/28/clarions-android-running-mirage-ivi/

Yes, the new Clarion will run an Android OS. It's an idea I said should have been done nearly two years ago.. If I was rich, I'd have one on the market already... I believe in the possibilities that much. Honestly, I dont believe Clarion pushes the envelope enough with it, but hopefully the first wont be the last. My idea was to have a built in GSM 4G radio. That way, your navigation could be Google Maps. Instead of simply saying you've reached your destination, it shows a photo of your destination like my phone does. You can use other mapping software like Waze. It would have a WiFi radio and like your Android phone, it would supply WiFi access to the entire vehicle. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Here's a link to see the new radio: http://www.engadget....ing-mirage-ivi/

You are going to waiting quite a while if you expect a head unit manufacture to satisfy your needs. Why not just go with an in-dash installed Android tablet and be done. That is what I have been doing with the iPad for a year now and have no limitations. It is so nice to not be disappointed year after year by the meager offerings of these head unit manufactures.

I wont go as far as to have a tablet in my dash. But I don't think I'm asking too much to have a head unit with what should be standard features in these days. The ability to load up to a 32GB memory device on each USB / SD port, virtually unlimited folders and files, the ability to scroll through a list using a scroll bar and letters, and the ability for Bluetooth to take full advantage of what bluetooth can do now. My $60 bluetooth headphones shouldn't be more feature filled than my $1200 radio.

But they do seem to be very complacent where they are now. I wish I could produce my idea, because I could catch them all napping, and make them decide they need to wake up, or take the market as my own.

I wont go as far as to have a tablet in my dash.

Why not, its practically the same money and would completely suit your needs.

But they do seem to be very complacent where they are now.

Thats the problem with these companies. There is no inovation and no desire to rise above the status quo. What needs to happen is a company like Apple to move into this category. This is what Apple does. They take a stagnant product and make it better and make it work. Honestly I pretty much have that though with the ipad. But I bet you would start to see these companies actually innovate if that happend.

What needs to happen is a company like Apple to move into this category. This is what Apple does. They take a stagnant product and make it better and make it work. Honestly I pretty much have that though with the ipad. But I bet you would start to see these companies actually innovate if that happend.

I thought of that too... unfortunately the name iRadio is taken. I thought to myself if I had the money to make this happen, I'd probably try to have a version of both. an Android based version and an iOS based version. The problem is, Apple doesn't license its software, and I don't see them getting into an area where they wont be able to sell mass amounts of apps.
  • 10 months later...

Are these folder/file limits still in effect on the z130bt 3.001?  

I'm getting ready to buy an SD card and would like to know if I can get a larger capacity SD or will have to split my files between SD and USB.

Thanks.  John

** Update **

Never mind -- I just checked today and it looks like the limit is still there.   I created three folders, each with 1000 small MP3s in it.  The first two folders displayed all 1000 files, but the third folder showed only 500 files.

Is the limit because the AVIC is caching the file/folder structure in memory?  Other than lack of physical ram in the machine, it seems rather arbitrary to restrict file count in light of current technology's extra large flash memory devices.  With 250kbps mp3 format I am getting around 3000 files in a 16GB flash.