AVIC411.com

Maximum Number of Songs in Folder?

I can't be accused of not searching for this.

capturecb.png

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of songs for folders on the z120bt? I have a 32GB SD card I'll filling with songs, but I'd like to cut this off before I go through the effort of doing this.

Yes. Try searching for "maximum". Max is not a word. It is in the manual too (Appendix - Media compatability chart, pg 208) . Get the pdf file loaded on your computer so you can search it. You'd also see that the maximum supported capacity of an SDHC card is 16GB (pg 225). Might work, might not. But you'll not likely get to use all that capacity due to the 2500 file limit.

These limits are so stupid. I don't get what the engineers at Pioneer are thinking half the time. The SDHC spec (and FAT32) is limited to 32GB. Why would they make the limit 16? Is it 2500 song across the entire card or 2500 per folder?

It's no wonder I got the response I did when I asked if they'd ever support exFAT. They haven't even fully supported FAT32 & SDHC yet.

My phone has a 32GB memory card...

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm sure there's a valid reason. All I'm saying is my phone which cost many times less, does not have the same unlimited power for processing, and has an exponentially smaller frame in which to do its work, does not have the same limitations.

Completely different device and not comparable at all. You compare Apples to Oranges.

Not at all. They're both computers. They may be in different packages, but a computer is a computer. They may have different software compatibilities, but in the end a computer is a computer. In fact, its likely an Android smartphone could run the entire system of one of these units, and do it better. Clarion has at least realized this, but I have the feeling they will limit the system too much to fully take advantage of its possibilities.

I use a 32gb card that currently has 27gb used by 2200 songs, 90 music videos, 30 misc short video and 11 full movies. Everything is well organized and easy to find to listen/watch. At 4 min a song that over 6 days of music without a song repeat... throw in the videos and movies it's 7+ days before anything would repeat.

I'm not a fan of the 2500/350 limit but that said I make it work and I haven't seen a better option than Pioneer for a car stereo. Anyone have a better suggestion for a car stereo than the unit Pioneer built?

There is no perfect device out there I've seen... while many pray at the alter of Apple my iphone has as many if not more stupid limits for no reason than my truck stereo.

lol.. and that's why I use Android and not iPhone... I was once an iOS owner...

But it looks like to get what I really want from my radio I need to purchase (unnecessary expense imo) an iPod Touch. Might as well get the 64GB if I'm going to do it though. I have over 100GB of songs in my collection, but if I have to narrow it down, better 64GB than 16 or 32... waaay better than the 2500 song limit. It's not that I want to have enough songs to go days without repeating... it's that I want to be able to pull up any song that comes to mind that I want to hear there on the spot. At the moment I can get around that using Audiogalaxy, and to be honest I could stick with that method 100% if the bluetooth had better controls and interface. That's why I believe Android hitting car radios is the best thing to happen since MP3's.

I just recently did the upgrade to 3.22 which finally gave me the ability to switch tracks from the radio. I really hope Pioneer eventually tests the Android waters. I prefer their hardware over Clarion.

lol.. and that's why I use Android and not iPhone... I was once an iOS owner...

But it looks like to get what I really want from my radio I need to purchase (unnecessary expense imo) an iPod Touch. Might as well get the 64GB if I'm going to do it though. I have over 100GB of songs in my collection, but if I have to narrow it down, better 64GB than 16 or 32... waaay better than the 2500 song limit. It's not that I want to have enough songs to go days without repeating... it's that I want to be able to pull up any song that comes to mind that I want to hear there on the spot. At the moment I can get around that using Audiogalaxy, and to be honest I could stick with that method 100% if the bluetooth had better controls and interface. That's why I believe Android hitting car radios is the best thing to happen since MP3's.

I just recently did the upgrade to 3.22 which finally gave me the ability to switch tracks from the radio. I really hope Pioneer eventually tests the Android waters. I prefer their hardware over Clarion.

The new x940bt has Android support. Are you talking something different like actually running an Android OS for the radio?