AVIC411.com

Why did they remove voice control for destination in the Z140bh?

for that you will have to do the bypass i think thre has been some conflicting views on the bypass for the x series one person said the old bypass worked one said it changed a little

so im not sure if it woul dbe the same for the z series but you can bypass the lock out so your pasanger can inpute destiinations when driving

for that you will have to do the bypass i think thre has been some conflicting views on the bypass for the x series one person said the old bypass worked one said it changed a little

so im not sure if it woul dbe the same for the z series but you can bypass the lock out so your pasanger can inpute destiinations when driving

That's funny... but 99% of the time, I don't have a passenger next to me anyway. Just the kids in their car seats in the back.

But my z120bt has voice input for addresses, so I'll continue to use it. I haven't decided if I will upgrade to the 140 yet. I would love to have HD radio.

No navigation voice-control? WTF? I already have the HD-Radio, on my Z110 => upgraded to z130, and an iPhone for Aha Radio & Pandora. So, the question for me is: Slightly old Tele-Atlas maps with voice control, or updated NavTeq maps without voice control? Although its not perfect, I think I'll keep the voice-controlled navigation. When voice-navigtion doesn't work on my Z110BT , its simply a Z140BH with old maps,. But when it works, its the SHIT!!!!! ... but with old maps.

You can still upgrade to the 140 software when its released and retain the voice control.

Retaining voice-control for functions of the radio, "YES"; for navigation control, "NO". If this statement is not true, is there some documentation that can prove it to be wrong?

I'm sure Pioneer would've put the VR software package for navigation into the Z140BH, if they could. My guess is that the VR is partially tied to the new Navteq maps. Or maybe a license issue between the company who owns the Voice-Recognition software, and Navteq.

To take it a step further, if your statement is correct, and the Z110/Z120/Z130 retained its voice-navigation after upgrading its software to match the Z140, then nobody would buy a z140. It would be stupid NOT to buy a Z110 /Z120/Z130, and upgrade it.

At the end of the day, I hope I'm wrong, and I could retain voice-navigation if I upgraded my Z110 ot a Z140, but I doubt it.