AVIC411.com

Software 140BH to 130BT

It's kinda funny but I found out today that my co-worker installed z130bt last year and I had no idea. Everybody probably seen the video on youtube from the show with Pioneer where guy is saying the hardware is the same but the software is different. I received my 140BH today but didn't install it yet. Does anyone know if I can update his unit with that software without any issues or anybody willing to try it first :) ? Tried that testmode for Z130 and it works but it so weird. I always used to like older style of windows because of simplicity...easy to back up - easy to restore etc.

Most likely you will be able to update maps by replacing NDATA folder. And I can't promise software but may be...

And... :

1. Make backup of both units first, and keep copies in safe place!

You need to copies of USER (software) and NDATA (maps and voices) folders.

2. Avoid replacement of EU090PLT.PRG file if you can. This file look like windows image file used for boot our units up. So if something wrong and we have difference in hardware we may end up with bricked unit.

So, if you going to do such software swap, I would recomend you upload backup here so we can compare software defore making rush desicions.

you can find more info here

The 140 has NAVTEQ nav software, so I'd bet the map format is not compatible with 110/120/130.

To tell the truth, from the reactions posted on this board, I'd be looking for a way to load the Z130 s/w on my Z140. :? IMO, loss of voice NAV commands is a deal-breaker.

Want to trade? I have the 130 that I bought about 2 months ago (need it so couldn't wait). I'll trade you for the 140.

Talk to the OP. I don't have a 140, just a Z110. But I don't think I'l be tempted to upgrade my software this summer. I don't need new maps that bad.

The 140 has NAVTEQ nav software, so I'd bet the map format is not compatible with 110/120/130.

To tell the truth, from the reactions posted on this board, I'd be looking for a way to load the Z130 s/w on my Z140. :? IMO, loss of voice NAV commands is a deal-breaker.

Navteq are really good maps though. Wish I could put 140 on my 130