AVIC411.com

e-Bay Scam???

Can some one enlighten me as to the listings on e-Bay that say they want you to e-mail them and they'll give you the info on buying these units really cheap. I know it's got to be a scam, but can anyone fill me in on the details. I've seen these for years with the N1/N2 and now for the Z1. Just curious I guess.

Any auction, for ANYthing where they want you to email them first? Scam. There is no need to email anyone about anything.... win the auction, and pay only with PayPal. That way you can dispute it if something goes wrong.

Don't send a personal check to someone you do not know... do you know how easy it is to print checks? They sell them at Staples!

When I was looking for my N3 I found dozens of these auctions, where you have to email the person first for whatever reason. I reported each and every one of them.

They tell you to email them because those auctions will be cancelled by ebay before they complete. Secondly, by emailing them directly you're bypassing ebay's protection policy (if you can call it that). Most if not all of those auctions have you pay by check or wire transfer. They'll never take credit cards as those charges are reversible.