AVIC411.com

Subwoofer Problem on Avic F900BT. Wiring works fine on my F700bt

Hey guys,

I bought a F700bt a few weeks ago. It has been a great deck. I just bought a used F900bt for another vehicle I have and i'm having issues with it. The subs worked fine with my F700bt. No when I hook the 900 into my truck the subs start pounding the minute I put power to the head unit. I have both decks working fine just having issues with the subs going off for no reason on the 900. What could be my issue? I'm guessing it is more of a hardware then a software issue. I have turned the sub function off on the 900 and it still keeps pounding. Any suggestions?

What do you mean by pounding? LIke its playing bass music, but no music is coming from the deck? Are you using the same wiring harnesses? It sounds like there is a remote turn-on issue happening turning the amp on, but if no music is playing then there is nothing going to R/L chanel out. That my friend is weird

• 2 weeks later...

Check your ground. i had this same issue. for some reason my ground just wasnt holding up very well at times. i had to sand down part of the frame to expose bare metal where my subs amp was grounded.

Not sure why the headunit changes anything but i had the same issue... relocated ground on the amp and the problem was solved.