AVIC411.com

New Radio - won't stay connected to my iPhone?

I purchased a brand new AppRadio (original) today from BestBuy. Upon connecting my iPhone, I noticed that the connection did not initiate until I reseated the cable several times. Even then, the phone did not stay connected. As soon as I sat the phone down or the cable shifted, the iPhone would disconnect. I would sometimes receive the message "iphone connection failed", other times nothing.

I tried 3 iOS devices (to eliminate the phone being the possibility of the problem and to determine if the cable was) and received the same problem with each.

Is this a common problem, or did I just get a dud? How long should I expect my cable to last?

Well, that's what I figured by eliminating that it was the devices. I was just bummed that something straight out of the box has that problem, that's why I asked

Is this a common problem' date=' or did I just get a dud? How long should I expect my cable to last?[/quote']

Where should I buy the replacement cable, and how much should I expect to pay? I just bought out the last AppRadio in my area, so exchange really isn't an option.

Edit: Ouch! Almost $60 for a new cable. That's a shame, I was really looking forward to using this radio :(

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=841CE6666NPL000-FY

Yeah, unfortunately! The radio seems like it has huge potential, however this is a pretty big fallout. I may try to fabricate a dock if I do get another replacement cable. I guess we'll see in a few hours when BestBuy opens back up if I can still exchange my cable for the one spare they have sitting around from the first unit I had to return (for an unrelated issue).