AVIC411.com

Is CarMediaPlayer failing for anyone else?

I love the CarMediaPlayer app. Anyone hoping for that style interface with that level of smoothness from the AppRadio stock iPod app doesn't realize that the stock hardware is not that powerful. It could maybe handle the AppRadio 2 interface, but I doubt well. CarMediaPlayer is rendered in and powered by the iPhone's internal chips. That's why when it runs, it runs so smooth. Also iTunes Match support is amazing.

But happy rant aside, because I love the app so much, I am utterly infuriated that it doesn't work anymore. It won't work at all. I load it, and nothing happens. The appradio won't let the app switch to advanced app mode. It used to fine, but now the only way to get it to work is to uninstall, and reinstall the app, and even then it will only work like 5 times before it refuses to launch again. I thought it was a problem with 2.45, but I downgraded to 2.22 and nothing.

For reference I have the original AppRadio and an iPhone 4s.

Is this happening to anyone else? And has anyone figured out a workaround to get the app to run again? Especially with the recent Pandora Black out problem, I was really hoping for a fix to this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed some connectivity issues with the app as well. I too enjoy using it more than the native iPod player but it just doesn't play videos (at least for me). I usually just disconnect my iPod, close the app and then restart it and it'll work. It's frustrating but hopefully things will get better in time. It would be cool to send a email to the CarMediaPlay people and Pioneer to see if something can be done to improve the software from an end-user's stand point and not through a software engineer's vision.

• 2 weeks later...

I am stock all the way, iPhone 4S and AppRadio 2. I have found from time to time each app needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled, if a power cycle or app kill doesnt work. Car Media Player was my salvation for this units native iPOD app. The iPOD app would go black from time to time, music would keep playing, but you had to hit "home" on AR2, reselect iPOD, and that would momentarily pause music while it reloaded the display in the iPOD app. Car Media Player is able to deal much better with flipping between apps, as well as iTunes Match extended cloud library. Even if something isnt local to the iPhone it will pull it down from iTunes Match and play it. Awesome!