AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Controls for Bluetooth Voice Commands

You don't need the CD-SR1 for your voice command. There is a push button on the front of the AVIC-Z2 that actvates iioce command. Don't waste your money unless of course, you find it difficult to move your hand an extra 6 inches. I have the CD-SR1 and I hate it.

I would, however recommend the PAC SWI-PS Pioneer Steering Wheel Interface. This will allow you to use your factory steering wheel's controls to control some of the Z1/Z2s functions.

Click here for more info:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pioneer- ... dZViewItem

I hope this info helps.

Cheers,

Kevin

post-3506-12872751656017_thumb.jpg

while moving your hand six inches is to be expected, especially while driving, I find the wireless steering wheel remote handy, you see, I drive a manual transmission, and my right hand is used on the wheel as well as the shifter. But my left hand feels left out, since its only job is the steering wheel. I dont use my blinkers so there are times it happens to be just tapping the wheel looking for something to do, maybe it is coinicedence but music is playing all the while. So, I have given the left hand the job of channel surfing, it seems to be content for the time being.

Nice Rodge, really nice! :lol:

And oh how I hate those people who don't use their turn signals...tillithz!

Ughhh! That's how you get whacked in the rear end. But then again, maybe tillithz likes getting it in the rear end. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

Just kidding tillithz! I just had to say it. :twisted:

Cheers,

Kevin

Ok guys... Mind out of the gutter. I have enough company here. :)

Back to the stering control, OSUV's suggestion is good for the newer vehicles. I had to buy a PAC OS-3 for my SUV and it's working very well. Along with maintianing control of the On-Star system and the phone that is built in as part of the OS stuff (it's a verizon phone, I put it on my plan sharing minutes AND, no feedback, no complaints!), the Z1 is well controlled for volume, bouncing up and down on source or categories on XM from the built in GM steering wheel controls. The Bose amp stayed and works great, all is cool. The only feature lost was fade from front to rear which doesn't bother me. It's my vehicle, they have to listem to what I want to listen too.

Later,

digxrayguy